Advice Needed Please :)

Options
So i am one week into Ripped In 30 .. I didnt really read up on much of the dvd before i bought it i just new i would like it as its JM and im a fan.

After my first week i have realised that there is little cardio and it is more toning .. hence the 'Ripped' in 30 i Guess.

I was analysing my problem areas last night and where i want to lose and its around my hips and tops of thighs.. my partner suggested the best way to get rid of these areas would be running or cardio and he suggested that i should do this before continuing with Ripped In 30 ..

Do you think I should focus on getting rid of my wobbly areas before Ripped in 30 ?? I just dont want to waste 3 more weeks on it and not get the results i am looking for ?

Help Please ... Thanks in Advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    first, you can't spot reduce. you're not going to be able to do any particular exercise to lose in particular spots first. your body will determine where you lose body fat from first.

second, there are a lot of studies out there to suggest that long, boring cardio is NOT the most efficient way to burn body fat. I'm not sure JM's program is the best method as I'm not familiar with it....but some form of high intensity, full body, resistance training is the best way to burn body fat. I incorporate sprints in my work-out intervals. Sprints are better than moderate paced jogging when it comes to post-workout fat burning.
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i would combine the two, cardio3 times a week ripped 2 and 2 rest days to let the body rest! but thats just me lol
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    first, you can't spot reduce. you're not going to be able to do any particular exercise to lose in particular spots first. your body will determine where you lose body fat from first.

second, there are a lot of studies out there to suggest that long, boring cardio is NOT the most efficient way to burn body fat. I'm not sure JM's program is the best method as I'm not familiar with it....but some form of high intensity, full body, resistance training is the best way to burn body fat. I incorporate sprints in my work-out intervals. Sprints are better than moderate paced jogging when it comes to post-workout fat burning.

Yes I agree that I cannot spot reduce.. i just didnt want to work more on toning .. thinking that that would get rid of my wobbly bits .. when in fact another method could work for me instead ... thanks for the tips!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    i would combine the two, cardio3 times a week ripped 2 and 2 rest days to let the body rest! but thats just me lol

hey new friend!!!

yes i thought about this.. that way im kind of getting the best of both worlds and my body is getting used to just doing one thing !.. i think i may try this..
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

^^^this! great idea!
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    hiya louise!

hope you're ok :s ohhh no was ripped in 30 not what you anticipated :( that is a shame! like you, i am really conscious of cardio, i dont feel i have worked out unless of have done cardio so i would be useless at just resistance training!

how much of the DVD is resistance and how much cardio?

Helena
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am two weeks into the Insanity dvds and they are awesome. They have body resistance and are hard core cardio. According to my heart rate monitor I burn 400-800 calories a workout and I have noticed a big difference in my quads, hams, and hips since starting Insanity and I was a runner before hand!