Life change...Perception change.

Options
http://crossfitmommeghanphilpot.blogspot.com/2011/05/do-you-see-what-i-see.html

I am never going to be as thin as I once was. Not because I couldn't get there, but because I have no desire to get there again. At 97 pounds, I was weak and sickly. I have changed my perception and my definition of beautiful from skinny to strong. I will never be a "body builder" but I am in love with seeing the muscle definition on my body that I have now. I love racking my weights at the end of a hard work out. I love it when I increase the weight that I'm lifting and I succeed. I feel amazing at this 108 pound size, and I can't wait to see what the upcoming months of training for a full marathon and a Tough Mudder will do for my body.

What is your definition of beautiful? What goals are you trying to achieve? Is it all about a number on the scale or a dress size?

Replies

• njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I love that blog, too. I didn't write the blog post, but it resonated deeply with me. I've been skinny, I've been fat, and now I can say that I've genuinely been (and am) healthy.
  • blondie_rae
    blondie_rae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Definitely rings true for me too.

I'm not currently lifting much of anything (8-10lb free weights occasionally) but I love muscle definition on a woman, on myself. I love seeing the lines of my shoulder and a nice clearly defined shoulder muscle, bicep, even lovely forearms. I don't think my back has ever been as well defined as yours is now but it definitely gives me something to work toward.

I had to divorce myself from the scale and the dress size. Defining myself, my happiness, my contentment on a goal number was simply causing me to overlook all the positives in my life and transformation. Thank you for the reminder that I would much rather be healthy and strong than "skinny" and a certain size or weight. :)
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    8 to 10 pounds is great! I started with a 3 and a 5. Then I started wanting MORE. hehee

The number on the scale or the number on our clothes---the things do not define us. We're changing our lives and learning to live with food as delicious but useful fuel for our goals. We're learning to love our bodies and enjoying our health. We are not living in deprivation, but in fullness. It's a beautiful thing.