Looking for KETO friends!

Options
Hello....trying to stay on this KETO lifestyle. Would like to meet friends who are on this too and hopefully share info and recipes. I've been following this since the first of May and am down 23lbs so far.

Replies

• roblopez48
    roblopez48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello what is the KETO lifestyle?
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    roblopez48 wrote: »
    Hello what is the KETO lifestyle?

Very low carb, mid protein, high fat. It's good for those with insulin resistance, inflammation, arthritis, binging issues, diabetes, hypothyroid, pcos, well let's just say it's a pretty good lifestyle if you can give up processed sugars and carbs.

Low carb is less restrictive on the whole carb thing.

If you are losing weight just fine and prefer just watching calories the old fashioned way, just do that.. but if you want to try it, there are delicious recipes online, including pizza and Lasagna and fried chicken.. and just about any recipe can be made keto or low carb. No restrictions except on sugars and carbs.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Been following since July 16th (well, low carb and trying to do keto) and down 22lbs and several inches.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Join this group.. has over 46,000 members and is active
  • yarnellc
    yarnellc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto. :-) The first 20 lbs I did with just watching what I ate and following mfp. I started keto 9/15/17 and am loving it. Surprisingly haven't had carb withdrawal like I expected, LOL. I follow several keto groups on facebook that have been wonderful.
  • ramblingpickle
    ramblingpickle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been keto since July - I have lost about 26lbs so far, I have about the same to go again. I love it though, it does not feel like a diet, we have changed the way we eat now, it has really sunk in this time and stuck. I am hit and miss at recording my macro's but I pull myself back in if I feel I am not loosing so much. Happy to friend :)

Instagram is really helpful as well, its a lovely Keto community with lots of food ideas.
  • cheatday4lyfe
    cheatday4lyfe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the keto Greasemonkey script that shows a "Net Carbs" column? You can set it up for Firefox, Chrome, or Safari?

https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

It's not that difficult to setup and it's pretty cool. If anyone wants some help getting it installed, let me know.
  • roblopez48
    roblopez48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that info
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Keto since the beginning of Aug with decent results, down 30lbs. I am very simple eating Keto (omeletes, grilled meats, salad, sometimes broccoli) and wouldnt mind growing my network of Keto friends for other dietary ideas, although I am not sure how much I will offer. Thanks
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm 3.5 months in and 47lbs down! I love keto.
    Anyone can feel free to add me, but just send a note saying you are a fellow keto-er... I only add people on keto to my friends list!