Beach in a week! Any quick slim down tips?

Options
I'm heading to the beach this saturday, so I was wondering if anyone had any quick slim down tips? I'm not asking for any sort of crazy, sunlight-and-water diet or cleanse, or asking for ways to drop 10 pounds in a few days....just healthy ways to LOOK like I dropped even more pounds :) Any advice?

Replies

• ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Drink water, stay away from foods that make you bloat, get a spray tan and a suit that works with your body type. Best advice I got. :smile:
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Drink water, stay away from foods that make you bloat, get a spray tan and a suit that works with your body type. Best advice I got. :smile:

What she said ^^^
  • JUDGEDBY1
    JUDGEDBY1 Posts: 115
    Options
    Wat she sed LOL :P
    Just understand that what u wear also makes u lose a few pounds :)
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    A great new swimsuit, and a self-confident attitude! It's a lesson I'm trying to learn myself, but I truly believe it -- if we carry ourselves with pride we look so much better overall. I'm my own worst enemy, because I'm pretty sure at the beach most people are far more concerned with their own business than with my weight, lol.

Have a ball, be happy, and wear your sunscreen!
  • TaraKirkland
    TaraKirkland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink tons of water and stay away from foods that are high in sodium (they cause your body to retain water weight).
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    Don't wear things that are too small. Don't show too much of your body if you aren't comfortable with it or you think others might not be.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Cut down your carbs/sodium and drink lots of tea and water this week, cutting out carbs and drinking loads makes you drop water weight, you can easily lose 5/6lb of water weight in a week if you do that :D
    It'll mostly come back on when you go back to your regular diet but hey at least you'll look good for the beach :P
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just read an article I think it was in Oxygen Magazine, about foods that make you bloat, one of them was chewing gum...and sweet potatoes. You can probably Google foods that make you bloat and foods that will reduce bloat!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Yep - eat clean, drink lots of water and exercise in the days beforehand. Avoid anything that bloats you (alcohol always bloats me!)

Pick a bikini or costume that suits you, but most importantly go along and have fun.

I believe the statistics are something like only 2% of women are happy with how they look in a bathing suit so everyone will be in the same position :noway:
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    Drink ALOT of water, NO soda (belly bloat), cut back your carbs & sodium, lots of lean protein! That & work out!!

Have a great vacay!!

:drinker: