Just coming back

Options
jules0348
jules0348 Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone !

I'm just making the switch today from weight watchers to my fitness pal..its a little scary because the ww app is a security blanket for me ..but now I want to look after my health not just count points ! Has anyone else made this switch ? Also hoping to make some new friends, please feel free to add me, I could really use the support and motivation!!

Replies

• synapsehart
    synapsehart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My mother has some experience with WW but she felt really restricted and annoyed by keeping up with the points. I'm here for your transition on here if you'd like the company.
  • jules0348
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thank you!! It works but I was feeling kinda restricted !!! I appreciate the support! I actually don't know how to add friends yet lol so please add me!!
  • MtnMom77
    MtnMom77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WW was OK. I was not well enough to attend meetings. Online only was OK but I love the ease of the food and activity diary here, and the benefit of the social part. I am currently using the South Beach food list but following MFP for how much of the macros I need. I have 63 pounds to lose. MFP feels like something I can stick with for the long haul. I can't figure out how to add friends so add me if you can.
  • jules0348
    Options
    @MtnMom77 going to the meetings was the problem for me too! I'm also a super busy mom ..I liked the online because there was so much support but ..unfortunately I was feeling restricted
  • onthefitdisc
    onthefitdisc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did WW years ago, a couple of times, with success. Not sure what they're using now, but this was back in the days of the original points system. For me, the logging was the most fun, like a puzzle, and that's what I love about MFP as well. I also like the macro tracking here, and these forums are great, seeing all the different people and ways to lose.
  • jules0348
    Options
    @onthefitdisc I really do love weight watchers..it definitely works ! I just needed a change !