Overpronator needs new running shoes!

Options
Please any suggestions from others. I don't want to buy 8 pairs trying to find the right ones!

Replies

• Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump bump bump. Same problem...starting to hurt my back!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I just got fitted into a pair of Brooks Trance 10's. They are working out great so far and I'm currently running in shin splints, so they seem to be doing what they are supposed to.
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the Asics 2160. I'm not a severe overpronator but they're listed med to high.

http://www.asicsamerica.com/products/product.aspx?
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    Asics kyano 19. saved my feet and my running!
  • Finding_Tina
    Finding_Tina Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just got the Addidas Supernova Sequence. Not the best looking shoes, but it is helping both my over pronation, and also my plantar faciitis/heal spur. Got it an an outlet mall on sale. Good luck.
  • Mikespook
    Mikespook Posts: 7
    Options
    Asics Gel Kayano 17's...just got my second pair today. Love, love, love them. Seriously, I want to marry them. Used to get shin splints and have plantar fasciitis in left foot and these make me feel like I'm running on air :-)
  • tiffinih
    Options
    I fully understand your issue as I am an overpronator w/ flat feet & also have a very weak right ankle to add insult to it.....I used Brooks Adrenaline GTS for the longest while ( w/ an added ankle brace for longer runs) but I got to a point my knee was beginning to ache & I was replacing shoes every 3 months.....Finally I went to see a foot/ankle dr who made special inserts ( they actually make special inserts just for runners) to not only support my arch but keep my foot aligned....I am so happy I did...I have finally experienced running w/out an ache after...I know use Mizuno Wave Rider w/ inserts
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Inspire work a treat for me.
    really comfortable too.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Look at New Balance 1123. They were recommended by people at the local running shop because I overpronate, have fallen arches, a rolled ankle and Plantar fasciitis. They have maximum motion control to prevent these things. I’ve worn them for a week now, with no inserts, and my feet feel great.

Get fitted at a running store, not some mall "athletic" store.
  • shevanity
    shevanity Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Research Newton Running Shoes. I have not tried them but have heard nothing but great comments about them. I run in Asics Gel Kayano which really provides support that I need.
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    go to a running shop where you can try some on and run on a treadmill in them :smile:
  • harric01
    harric01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm an overpronator and I wear Brooks Adrenaline GTS shoes. I tried about 7 different pairs and finally found these that worked great for me. Good luck!
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tyrownp
    tyrownp Posts: 13
    Options
    I bought a pair of Brook's Trance 10's 2 weeks ago and they have been great. I only have slight overpronation and flat feet.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Nike lunar glide , really fixed my problem and helped my achillies problem
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    go to a running shop where you can try some on and run on a treadmill in them :smile:

This.

And I am an overpronator as well, and I run in Mizuno inspires and I LOVE them
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My feet overpronates I purchased the Nike Lunar glides last spring and they were great in keeping my stabilized. Yet they don't seem to support me as much anymore. Does anyone know how long you should keep running shoes?