Low calorie paleo meal ideas ?

Dairy-free , grain free, and legumes free

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Meat and vegetables. Use spices for flavour, use different prep methods for vegies (raw, stir fry, roasted, steamed).

Omelettes - whole eggs, any vegies, meat if you want it.

Don't be afraid of fats either, even though they are calorie dense - they add great taste, and you need them for good health
  • ulookyhere
    ulookyhere Posts: 3 Member
    I've found some good recipes here: www.ibreatheimhungry.com/recipes. Many of them are paleo. I am also grain free and can't eat fermented dairy, such as cheese (due to food intolerance), and I've been able to tweak many of these recipes fairly easily. :)
  • kberube321
    kberube321 Posts: 1 Member
    ulookyhere wrote: »
    I've found some good recipes here: www.ibreatheimhungry.com/recipes. Many of them are paleo. I am also grain free and can't eat fermented dairy, such as cheese (due to food intolerance), and I've been able to tweak many of these recipes fairly easily. :)

Ulookyhere: I just finishing up a 28 day detox, no dairy, sugar or gluten and tried to buy organic. Now trying to find out how and what to hold on to now that I'm thru the detox and now need to keep myself honest with help. I have to lose 18 # to reach my goal. I've seen a couple Paleo recipes on FB, and didn't know where to go to get more,Thank you for the website.
  • ubeeykatelyn95186
    ubeeykatelyn95186 Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2017
    So do any of you know wheather you eat a lot the first week because I can’t get full it seems likes eating the right paleo foods but other days it doesn’t matter. I don’t want to gain wait for over eating...ya know ? I’ve came this far. So do you count calories ? Right ? And still lose
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    So do any of you know wheather you eat a lot the first week because I can’t get full it seems likes eating the right paleo foods but other days it doesn’t matter. I don’t want to gain wait for over eating...ya know ? I’ve came this far. So do you count calories ? Right ? And still lose

Weight loss is about calories. You can eat what you like and lose weight if you're eating less than your body requires. If you consume too many calories from any food, you'll gain weight.

Perhaps grains/legumes (starchy carbs, perhaps more fibre) and dairy would satiate you more than vegetables, meat and fats.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Are you getting enough protein and fiber? A lot of people starting out with paleo tend to go very low carb, but you don't have to. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, winter squashes are some good examples of paleo friendly carbs and fiber.