I'd like to lose 100 lbs in 2015. 41% of my current weight

Options
So, that's what I would like. I'm putting it out there.

I was at -90lbs of my current weight about three years ago. It all swooped back on.

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Well, you might get there, why not? That's a little less than two pounds per week. The only thing is that your weight loss may slow as you get close to goal, so you may not quite make 100 lbs...but then again, you might.

Good luck and happy new year!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    At two pounds a week, its definitely possible.. It's when you get closer to goal that will be tough. Go get it!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Good luck, it gets tougher, but you need to crack on. Have realistic expectations and return consistent deficits.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Good luck. Just make sure you try to eat enough nutrient dense foods, adequate protein and I would suggest lifting so you can help maintain your lean body mass. Also, i would recommend a good food scale so you can be accurate with your logging.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    At your current weight, it'll probably come off very quickly at first. As the year goes on, it will get harder and harder. Don't give up.

I remember thinking that I'd be done by a certain time, based on the rate at which I'd been losing. When it slowed down a lot, I started getting discouraged. I haven't given up, but I see why people do.

Also, turns out that many people hit a place where they just cannot lose as quickly, regardless of their weight. Sometimes it is recommended that they take a break, eat a healthy amount for a while and then go back to losing.

Everyone is unique, though, and has to have their own plan. Stick with yours, but be prepared to tweak it - switch it up if you feel like it! :)
  • BELLESTARR1957
    BELLESTARR1957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's my goal also. We can do this!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Good luck. My sister started MFP in August, needs to loose 100 pounds, and has lost 48 so far. That's amazing! She logs, eats, and exercises.

It's all about logging everything and hitting your goals. Boring, but easy.

This time, when you hit your goal, you've got to keep going. You can do this.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I expected a little push back. But, no, unqualified support. Good on ya' MFP community.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    "I will lose 100 pounds in 2015." See what I just did there? Getting your mind committed is everything! You can do this. Reason 1: it's a reasonable goal of weight loss per week. Reason 2: you have had similar previous success. You already know you can do this! A friendly suggestion:take your measurements. Inches lost can be a handy motivator when weight loss slows! I wish you success!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    mfpchris wrote: »
    Hmmm, I expected a little push back. But, no, unqualified support. Good on ya' MFP community.

If you want people to be mean, tell people sugar is the devil or ask about detoxes. :smile:

One thing for consideration. As you get to a more healthy weight, you should lower your per week weight loss goal to maximize the amount of nutrients you are getting and minimize metabolic adaptation and muscle loss.
  • SteveEighty
    SteveEighty Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It is possible, tough but possible. During the first part of 2014, I lost 37 % of my body weight in the space of 5 and a half months (I was 223 lbs) thanks to a boot camp-style regime that I designed myself. Not for the faint-hearted and not something I'd recommend to everybody but horses for courses eh, it suited me to a T (obviously very low-cal - but balanced - and lots of exercise, sometimes 3 hours a day - which was a massive change after nearly 20 years of inactivity! That said, I used to be very sporty in my 20's so it did not faze me one bit. I also had plenty of time as I took a sabbatical).

Thanks to a solid Maintenance Plan, I haven't put any weight back on. Two months ago, I did the full NHS test (UK Health Service) to have all sorts of levels checked (sugar, cholesterol, liver function, sodium, calcium, etc.) and everything was fine, so IF it's done properly, it's perfectly safe (it did help that my partner works in the medical sector, she was able to advise me, also with the food groups.

You've done it before Chris so YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN. NEVER EVER GIVE UP.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal, but I phrased it differently. My goal is to eat a very clean diet and stay within my numbers this year, however many pounds that equals is great. I already feel better after a week of better food.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had a perfect "V" I lost 90 lbs. Stayed there for a hot minute, then gained it all back. It was gooooood to weigh 90 less lbs than I weigh now. 2lbs/week eh? Okay.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You've got this, @mfpchris :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. I thought who has resurrected this dead thread- you did @mfpchris Welcome back. You better do regular updates now.

I have enjoyed reading posts by people I was fond of but have now left :)

Cheers, h.