Gastric Bypass

Options
I’ve been kind of missing in action from mfp, but I’m back now! Just a update... September 28, 2017... yes two days ago... I had my gastric bypass procedure done. My highest weight record was 298 Ibs. I started my wls journey at 275, and day of Surgery I weighed in at 242. I’m looking forward to this new journey and hope to gain some new friends on there journey as well.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats for the weight loss so far! Are you walking? That helps in the early days.
  • cb4knights10316
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing this. I'm just nervous. What's the recovery timeframe
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends here
  • ms_chatykat
    ms_chatykat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Ms. Frankie Luv,

My name is Kat. Your posting caught my attention because you literally had WLS days ago!! I've been on a WLS journey as well.
    Anywho, I just wanted to congratulate you and inquire about the pain. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but many people have said its worse than child birth. Is gas pain really that intense?

• aprilgirl414
    aprilgirl414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery on 9/21/17. Down 15 pounds already. Woohoo! I’m hopefully starting the puréed/soft foods on Thursday after my doctor’s appointment. I want to start tracking things then. I’m curious how people who’ve had the surgery use mfp to track their meals.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    MFP is great as you can track if you are getting your protein minimums and your water. If you aren't hitting 1200 calories a day don't sweat it. Just don't close the day.
  • kfitchwilliams
    kfitchwilliams Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I had Gastric Bypass on 06/28/17. Started at 326 and down to 247; 79 lbs. I love MFP, but agree don't complete the day or you'll get the message that you're eating too little. Always interested in seeing what others are eating to progress their weight loss. Feel free to follow me.
  • thechadtx
    thechadtx Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery on 8/25/27. I'm glad to meet a few others that had it done. Feel free to add me. :)
  • mymeka07
    mymeka07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass 7/10/18 my pre-surgery weight was 288 my current weight is 256. I struggle to this day with slow weight loss due to lack of eating. I go some days with eating only once maybe twice due to a lack of appetite. I'M still happy with my choice