What's your body fat %

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess (and since I don't know for sure then I have to lol) I would say around 12%...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I'm guessing I'm around 30%. I'd like to think I'm smaller, but I doubt it.

I like these photos to compare to. It helps keep me realistic.

Body-Fat-Percentage.jpg

Those are very misleading though since they only provide one example and it would vary a lot by body type. A lot of people with 30% body fat will not have a waist as small as in that picture.

True. I won't. Plus those photos are probably of people 20 years younger than me, with fewer pregnancies behind them, and have not gained then lost. No loose skin at all in those pics.
  • bingo_007
    bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Its probably under 25 percent but not too sure. Doc did a calculation of 21 % measuring the body during a health check up but its probably not exact. Stomach is quiet Lean but no visible abs.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I look 25%
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I'm probably right around 20%, more likely a bit over than below. Carry almost all my fat around the middle and some on my upper thighs. If you just saw me in a tank top you'd think a lot lower, as shoulders, arms and upper chest are lean, as is my calves.
  • kmbmoutswi
    kmbmoutswi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was at 45% about a month ago. Been logging well and eating within range of calories and exercising consistently. How much do you estimate I could have lost by now? I will be weighing in on the 4th of October. Thanks
  • shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I used a body fat calculator that based its results on waist and hip measurements, and I'm very skeptical about its accuracy. My hips got significantly wider after three babies, even once I'd lost all the baby weight and then some, so I know it's a pelvic structure thing and not fat.

Plus I have friends who are visibly fatter than I am, but have narrow hips, so their body fat calculates lower. It doesn't make sense to me how this method can possibly be accurate.

But anyway, 26%.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No idea. I'm 100 pounds overweight, so probably quite a bit. :D

I have no way to measure either, except my scale, and I wouldn't have bought it if I knew then what I learned here, that those bioimpedence scales are worthless.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    About 30% according to an online calculator about a month ago but Ive seen my body progress a bit since then so Im not sure. I started out 40% and my goal is 18-20%
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Wow if you are at 8% you must look ripped like a body builder! Nice job
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm probably 15-20 percent, although my Fitbit Aria consistently estimates me around 10-12 percent (yes, I know it's inaccurate)
  • nani7722
    nani7722 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    35% . too much fat. Dropped only 1% so far after loosing 5 lbs and 1 month of workouts
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You were only at 22% body fat and still felt you had to drop 35 pounds to 8.5%? You make me jealous. (lol) Any reason you want your body fat that low? I always thought around 20% was pretty normal. Are you competing in a body building competition? Just curious.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Not sure - between 15 & 20% I guess, bit hard to tell as my fat distribution is quite uneven.

Beyond being in a healthy range it's not something I'm too concerned about.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    17.4% when I was last measured with calipers
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Not sure. Maybe ~20%? Higher than I'd really like, but not so high I'm terribly worried about doing something about it. And my doctor isn't worried about it.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    29% by calipers (inexpertly handled by my boyfriend) and measurements 25% by my scale. As two calculators came up with something similar I would say that 29% is pretty accurate. Unfortunately, I carry most of my weight on my stomach. Would love to get down to 25%
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to estimate how much body fat you have if you don't have access to someone with calipers or the means to get a DEXA? I have a bioimpedance scale, but I know how accurate those are from reading on here. Obviously an estimate isn't going to be very accurate either, but I'm just looking for a general guess.

Or am I better off using BMI right now, since I am still obese, and worry about getting body fat measurements when I get down to the normal range of BMI?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    The graphic on page one will give you a ball park. If you are an apple it is a bit harder to guesstimate.
    Your bio scale will be inaccurate but it is still a useful guide for showing a downward trend.
    Right now your body fat accuracy isn't important, though it is still interesting to have an idea of what it is.

I have always just visually estimated. Good enough for me and my goals.

Cheers, h.