What's your body fat %

2»

Replies

• ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    I'm probably 15-20 percent, although my Fitbit Aria consistently estimates me around 10-12 percent (yes, I know it's inaccurate)
  • nani7722
    nani7722 Posts: 25 Member
    35% . too much fat. Dropped only 1% so far after loosing 5 lbs and 1 month of workouts
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited October 2017
    You were only at 22% body fat and still felt you had to drop 35 pounds to 8.5%? You make me jealous. (lol) Any reason you want your body fat that low? I always thought around 20% was pretty normal. Are you competing in a body building competition? Just curious.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Not sure - between 15 & 20% I guess, bit hard to tell as my fat distribution is quite uneven.

Beyond being in a healthy range it's not something I'm too concerned about.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    17.4% when I was last measured with calipers
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Not sure. Maybe ~20%? Higher than I'd really like, but not so high I'm terribly worried about doing something about it. And my doctor isn't worried about it.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    29% by calipers (inexpertly handled by my boyfriend) and measurements 25% by my scale. As two calculators came up with something similar I would say that 29% is pretty accurate. Unfortunately, I carry most of my weight on my stomach. Would love to get down to 25%
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Is there a way to estimate how much body fat you have if you don't have access to someone with calipers or the means to get a DEXA? I have a bioimpedance scale, but I know how accurate those are from reading on here. Obviously an estimate isn't going to be very accurate either, but I'm just looking for a general guess.

Or am I better off using BMI right now, since I am still obese, and worry about getting body fat measurements when I get down to the normal range of BMI?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    The graphic on page one will give you a ball park. If you are an apple it is a bit harder to guesstimate.
    Your bio scale will be inaccurate but it is still a useful guide for showing a downward trend.
    Right now your body fat accuracy isn't important, though it is still interesting to have an idea of what it is.

I have always just visually estimated. Good enough for me and my goals.

Cheers, h.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    The graphic on page one will give you a ball park. If you are an apple it is a bit harder to guesstimate.
    Your bio scale will be inaccurate but it is still a useful guide for showing a downward trend.
    Right now your body fat accuracy isn't important, though it is still interesting to have an idea of what it is.

I have always just visually estimated. Good enough for me and my goals.

Cheers, h.

Awesome! Thanks! I am very much an apple, sadly. I'm just being nosy really.
  • Nussbary
    Nussbary Posts: 34 Member
    I have gone from ~35% to 24% this year. I am looking to get to 18% and weigh 225-230. Almost there!
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Just took an InBody test at the gym yesterday. I'm at 26.1% currently, down from 38.6% this year. Aiming for 20%, then will re-evaluate.