Sugar consumption...

Options
I'm just trying to maintain my weight really, but my plan has put me down for just 32g of sugar a day and the amount of fruit i eat goes way over that! I know that the average woman should have about 90g of sugar a day, so I'm not quite sure I'm supposed to be having just 32? Anyway I don't know if eating too much fruit is a bad thing? Advice would be appreciated thanks :)

Replies

• FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ignore sugar from fruits is the general advice.
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ignore sugar from fruits is the general advice.

Really...I've been wondering how to get my fruit in ....luuuvvvv fruit.......and still stick to my 24 gram daily. If fruit doesn't count that would be excellent....please let it be so:smile:
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Even diabetics are encouraged to eat most fruits so the sugar must be different
  • askin74
    askin74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'm glad I found somebody with the same problem! I joined on Saturday and every day have been over on my sugar (without eating sweets!!!) today I have had a small portion of strawberries and a quarter of a small fresh pineapple and this has sent me over the limited before lunchtime. I was seriously thinking of cutting out fruit just to get under the sugar limit, but that seems ridiculous and goes against everything we are told about eating enough fruit and veg.
    I would never have thought that sugar from fruit was bad for you in moderation, but would appreciate if anyone has any other ideas of healthy non-suger snacks.