I’m baaack! Again.

Options
Ugh! You guys, I have struggled so hard with self control. This is the absolute heaviest I have ever been and I’m sick of it! But I have suuuch a hard time sticking with it! I have about 100 lbs to lose! We are also taking a huge family trip to Disney next year, and I want to be able to ride the rides! I won’t be going back for several years after this and I want to experience everything I can! I’m 27 years old, I live in southern Indiana and I need others to help keep me accountable when I start slipping! Let’s be friends!

Replies

• bryerangel
    bryerangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Disney is a great weight lose inspiration. We had an early may trip and I wanted to be able to do all that walking and keep up with the kids. I bought a fit bit in January and started walking everyday. I had lost 30 lbs before the trip all from just walking and my kids couldn't keep up with me ! Now I have lost 47 lbs I walk an 15000 steps a day and feel stronger then u have in my whole life ! You can do it, start small so much can happen in a year !!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hey KittieKatye, you can do this. I have lost 100 lbs. from my all time high and I feel so much better. The key for me was finding a diet I could LIVE with. I had done all the fad diets and tried everything that worked for everyone else but I succeeded when I found what worked for my particular tastes and lifestyle. I agree that walking is a great way to lose. I also counted calories. The change in how I look and feel is incredible. I'm 61 years old and fervently wish I had done this when I was your age. With Disney as your goal you have something to work towards but don't expect to lose really fast. That was the thing that always made me give up in the past. I felt like it didn't come off fast enough. Take your time and learn along the way. Eat in a way that is liveable for you. However long it takes to get to your goal, in a year you will definately be thinner and feel way better.
  • _treehugger74
    _treehugger74 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am back again myself ... I had lost well over 100 lbs a few years back and pretty much gained the majority of it back. Ugh ... so I have lost 70 ish of it again and looking to get to the 100 lbs lost again and past it. We can do this ... hell, we have done it before, right??
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I too am here, again, at my heaviest. Honestly, mindset is half the battle for me. I struggle so much with depression and a desire to do... nothing. But I also LOVE being active, and having a clean living space and a healthy body... but the starting is so hard.
  • JennieDiB
    JennieDiB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @KittieKatye I'm in Jeffersonville and also on a long term goal of 100 lbs, but I'm taking it slow with 20 lb mini goals. I work wired hours, but would love a bridge waking buddy sometime.
  • mpriselac11
    mpriselac11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm back again to start this race. I'm from Croatia, so sorry for my bad english. But I think that we are going to understand. I need somebody to support me... maybe... I can try whit support :smiley: , but I think I need support in my head :wink: . I need to put down 30 kg but I'll be happy whit anything that's going down :smiley: Be my friend of support and I'll be yours :wink: