Chunky in VA

Options
I joined MFP about 4 months ago, and actually in the past 2 weeks decided to comeback and add my food! This is my 1st day here in the boards :noway: I am 40yrs old, mom of 4, perimenapausal, and an ex smoker. I quit smoking in Aug 2008, after 18yrs of smoking. I use to weigh about 145-150 lbs but when i quit smoking I gained over 36 lbs in less than 18 months. At 180 lbs, with my size 14 pants starting to get tight, I started to exercise and counted calories/carbs/fat. I got down to about 155. Then in Oct 2009 I had minor lower back surgery and since then getting motivation has been difficult. I have gotten back up to about 165 and when my size 12 pants were getting tight thats when I decided it was time to reign in some kind of controls in eating.
I am learning how to eat healthy, while fulfilling cravings. These cravings with these "wonderful" hormonal changes has not made it easy. :ohwell:

Replies

• sffre
    sffre Posts: 19
    Options
    My goal is to wear a size 10 again! I want to get down to 140 and ultimately to 130...
  • crazynay96
    Options
    im guessing you are in va beach (from picture)? I am in richmond my goal weight is 140. i have a long ways to go to get there but i'll get there! 1st goal weight is -72lbs by Christmas
  • Photomandy
    Photomandy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in VA also, and a mom of 4. Those setbacks are hard! I found as I quit dabbling in MFP and actually dove in and logged my food, etc. daily it's beginning to really work! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • sffre
    Options
    im guessing you are in va beach (from picture)? I am in richmond my goal weight is 140. i have a long ways to go to get there but i'll get there! 1st goal weight is -72lbs by Christmas

This pic is from Cincoteague Aug 2008 right before my weight gain.
    You will get there!
  • sffre
    Options
    Hi! I'm in VA also, and a mom of 4. Those setbacks are hard! I found as I quit dabbling in MFP and actually dove in and logged my food, etc. daily it's beginning to really work! Feel free to add me if you'd like.

WIth a busy life(mom of 4) it is so easy to fall back into bad habits!
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    hello im also from va.. va beach here! husband is stationed at Norfolk base. after having my 1st child whose almost 7 i never lost all the baby weight 2 more kids later im now 30lbs heavier. its hard to do stuff for yourself when u have 3 kids and a husband to take care of..im a sahm and never get time for myself so after the kids are in bed is when i would sit back and watch my tv shows with snacks(chocolate or chips)..since my husband has been gone almost a mth i decide to do something for myself since hes gone getting himself straightened out too(long story). tomorrow the 3rd will be 2 weeks of watching what i eat,evening walks(30mins) with my kids and as of this morning ive lost 4.8lbs in 13days:) keep on track and remember we cant take care of others until you take care of YOURSELF!!
  • sffre
    Options
    keep on track and remember we cant take care of others until you take care of YOURSELF!!

As moms I think we forget to do this simple thing! Too worried about everyone else!
    Congrats on your weight loss!