Need some help!!! Lost 97 pounds gained 12 back........STRESS SUCKS

Options
Ok, started at 349 pounds 3 years ago. Got down to 255 pounds, my goal is 235. I am 6'4' and a linebacker build. I have been working my *kitten* off. Then we sold our businesses. Since we have owned a business for the last 20 plus years, finding a good job at my age and experience should be easy, right? NOT.....
So, I went back to finish my Bachelors Degree in Operations Management. Done. Finished with a 3.87 GPA. Not bad for a 58 year old guy. Looking for a new job is very stressful. I have been looking for over a year. It sucks. No offer, nothing but you are over qualified blah blah blah.

So, here is the issue. My stress pulls the trigger...... munching. I have gained back 12 pounds. I am at about 267. I still workout I step 23,000 step plus a day. I bike 12 miles when i can.
I need to get my food plans back on track. Having a tough go.

I am a great motivator for others but deep down not the greatest self motivator.

Help me!!!!!!

By the way if there are any Recruiters out there PM me. Sure would like some resume advice.

Replies

• daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could benefit from a few stress reduction activities that you can find in a book, workbook, or online article. You could also try reframing how you're looking at your work/life situation. Sometimes when you can only see one pathway, it feels frustrating when it's blocked. Try looking for the other pathways.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Track. Tracking is a great hobby. You can work at it to keep your mind off your job hunt.

Just do MFP 101 like its day 1. Calculate a modest calorie deficit and go to it. Plan. A good plan is one you will actually follow. If your plan isn't working make a better one.

Motivation is overrated. WL comes from good habits and determination. Motivation starts a project, determination sees it through to completion.

Agree that stress reduction tools may help. Search stress reduction on YouTube. Music, guided meditations, motivational talks. Seems like 98% of the world is stressed.

And beware. Kudos for attending to this 12 lbs up instead of 100. Which is what many people do. But this is real. The rubber meets the road here. You have 3 years of work on the line. I lost my last 40lbs on Weight Watchers. That place has a well used revolving door, as does weight loss in general. Go back to work, get to goal and stay there. You will be much less stressed.
  • BootyfulBikerZX10r
    BootyfulBikerZX10r Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    totally get it.

my advice check out www.damnripped.com

It will help you keep losing. My whole family uses it and we all have about the same stats.
    Calculate your TDEE subtract your 20% for your deficit
    Calculate your Macros if you like that-it works for my peeps anyway. they are shredded. Im just starting out.

good luck!