Canadians: What are your favourite Low-Cal packaged/frozen meals and snacks?

Options
Ouiser8
Ouiser8 Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
For those weeks you just CANNOT cook or meal prep. Ideally they should be healthy, but sometimes you just want something quick and easy.

I'm only putting Canadians as I find American grocery stores usually have way more goodies than Canadian stores, so I just want to get a sense of what's available here.

Mine:

Pinty's pre-cooked Chicken Breast Burgers: Only 120 calories for each burger (downside is that it's loaded with sodium and is super pricey. 5 burgers for $15).

Nupasta: 25 calories! For a decent bowl! I mean it's not the best tasting pasta, but it is super filling. A bit pricier when you add it all up though.

Compliments Skim Mozza Stringables: 60 cals, the 'stringing' helps to psychologically extend my binging habits

Taquitos - Sensations by Compliments: 130 cals for two. It's one of the slightly bigger taquitos as opposed to the usual mini ones.

Ranch veggie straws: 40 grams is one bowl, and 180 cals.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    there is a similar thread like this out there somewhere already - tons of good suggestions - my fav canadian snack is cool whey icecream - chocolate chip!
  • chels5988
    chels5988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im currently addicted to these chicken souvlaki skewers with tzatziki i found at Walmart.
    And the green giant cauliflower tots. Mmmmm
    Oooo and superstore has a really really good frozen shrimp burger.
  • the0cuteness
    the0cuteness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mann's snow peas. 70 calories, 4 grams of fiber per bag
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Chapman's fruit sorbet mmm... 80-90 cals per half cup, depending on the flavour. Also, (requires a tiny bit of meal prep - less if you buy precooked packs of chicken) - Superstore sells spiralized veggie "noodles", add a bit of sauce, some meat, and heat it all in a pan for a couple mins and done. Does 4 servings for just myself. 3 with hubby as he eats half. I have started making this a couple times a week and then it does me for lunch the next day as well, and only takes a few mins of my time. I add in extra veggies as well.
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I second the Green Giant veggie tots! There's broccoli, broccoli and cheese or cauliflower! That's my go to "evilness" if I feel I want something like a hashbrown or "tater tots". If you're looking for a whole frozen/micro meal... I enjoy the PC blue menu brand ... especially the Indian (butter chicken or chicken tikka masala) ones.