How often do you weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• MizMareedy
    MizMareedy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I’m making a promise to myself to stick to my workout and nutrition plan and only weigh once per month. I do better when I see big results at once. I don’t own a scale so it’s easy. I weigh in at work on the scale in the break room.
  • 150_lbs_by_2019
    150_lbs_by_2019 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning to get my moving average, but I only officially weigh-in with MFP and my support group once a week, typically on Monday's.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Everyday, 1st thing when I get up. I use HappyScale to log the daily weight. I prefer the trend chart and weight prediction over the MFP version.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I weight in daily. Thursday is my official weigh in day so I only record gains on Thursdays and I don't record during that time of the month.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I do get on the scale usually every morning but I only log the weight on Fridays, which is "weigh" in day for me.
  • Alan_1964
    Alan_1964 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same as above I check every day but Thursday is official weigh-in day for me and I record it. Same time 10am and just like a boxer, in boxers. :smile:
  • kissedbythesunlight
    Options
    Everyday and record everyday in happy scale app. I’m not obsessed with my weight or anything it’s just something I do.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Step on it every morning after the bathroom visit. It updates all my places automatically. I look at it at trendweight.com to see what the trend is vs. what the daily weight is.
  • derekblain
    derekblain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do it weekly, but I was not prepared when I entered my new weight in MFP and it took nearly 400 calories from my daily goal. Egads!
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I now weigh everyday. I didn't weigh for about 2 years because I was scared and I thought I gained 10-15 pounds when I actually gained 30. i'm trying to destigmatize the number and make myself more comfortable and aware of fluctuations. Using the happy scale app to smooth out the trend.
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I update Libra Tues/Thurs/Sun mornings when I wake up. The Tuesday weight is what goes into MFP. I just like having better data for the trend - and of course TOM plays a huge role in making the trend weird, so once you ignore the number and watch the data, it's kinda fun. I "gained" 3 pounds ahead of my last period even though I was eating, at worst, at maintenance on a daily basis. Last day of my period, down 5 pounds to a new low weight. Doing informal weigh-ins 3x/week showed that that was a huge and sudden jump up and therefore not fat gain or even an accurate representation of my weight range these days.
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    BecomingMoreAwesome Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and use the Happy Scale app to track the 30 day trend because my weight fluctuates from hormones. Some people prefer to weigh less often. Do whatever motivates you without sending you into a tailspin.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Weigh first thing every morning and record in Libra. Every Wednesday, I put my trend weight into MFP. Good, bad, ugly, or otherwise
  • Nussbary
    Nussbary Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, and let the scale auto record to MFP and other apps. The daily weigh in is more for a quick status update for trending. Every other week on Friday is the true weigh in with body tape measurements, and body fat measurement. This is the day I monitor and measure progress on. - Feel free to add me!
  • OliviaCounts
    OliviaCounts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning after using the washroom, showering and blow drying my hair, and I do a good full-body stretch first so I feel nice and limber.

It forces me to reflect on my choices the day before. I'm two pounds up if I ate pizza for dinner and drank a lot of water to combat the sodium. Then it usually takes me a day or two to return to "normal." That's why weekly weigh ins are recommended - they're more accurate. But I want to know on a daily basis, or if I've been out of town for the weekend or whatever.