Intermittent fasting

Options
Anyone using this app for your intermittent fasting? How?
How long do you fast?
What do you eat?

Replies

• spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast around 10:30am and finish dinner between 6-6:30pm. Having a 16 hour stretch of fasting helps me stay within my small calorie allotment- old, short, and lazy.
    My meals tend to be heavy on vegetables and whole grains, easy on my body and my budget.
  • jlval1989
    jlval1989 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I usually eat lunch at 12 or so, and dinner at about 7. So, 7 til 12 the next day fasting - sixteen or seventeen hours fast.

I find it makes my morning easier, and two bigger meals keep me feeling full longer/better than three smaller meals.
  • Siran12001
    Siran12001 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat lunch around 12 and the last food at around 10, giving me that 10:14 rhythm. I've never been hungry at breakfast time and it just fits my needs.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I have been intermittent fasting for about 7 months now. I tend to overeat late in the day, so it helps me out. First meal around 2 PM - sometimes later. It's interesting that once I got used to eating in the afternoon, I sometimes don't eat until 4 or 6. First meal happens when I'm hungry. Late dinner at home and snacks that fit my calorie plan. Logging my food here has also been a big help.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Eh, I just usually skip breakfast to save calories for the rest of the day. Seems to help me stay on a deficit.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    usually eat around 1:00-2:00 and finish around 10:00 so far it is helping me stay on track
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I eat within a an 8-hour window, 11:00 to 7:00pm. I eat all my calories. When I was a young person through my mid 30s that is how I ate, mostly cause I did not like most breakfast foods. I stayed thin (5'9", 135 lbs, size 5) right before I became pregnant. Of course I had to eat more while pregnant. I've decided that if it worked back then it will work now. Lost 6.4 lbs in the last 10 days since I came back her to MFP. I also do cardio (walking to and from work), and then again light kettle bells in the evening. Since I have proof it works for me, this is how I will eat for the rest of my life upping my calorie intake when I get to maintenance. Good luck on whatever you choose. It really is CICO, and a little bit of exercise.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I eat one meal, and I log it as lunch or dinner. So I do 23:1. Still track calories and excersise on MFP app because it gives me my macros. I'm in maintenance, but still track.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I'm in the mood for.. I try to fill up on veggies and lean meat, but that only adds up to about 600-700 calories at most. So I have about 1000 calories to eat whatever I want- donut, cake, chocolate, pastries, ect.
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying 23/1 for a few months now after being in a 16/8 for 4 months. The freedom I have to not have to worry about food all day makes the work day very productive. I drink black coffee and water the rest of the time. Sometimes when we have work functions with free food I indulge and just make that my one meal and eat till I hit my calorie intake for the day (or thereabouts).
  • jkcarr2
    jkcarr2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking cals on the 5:2 diet. 2 days of 500 cal per week and 5 days between 1500-1800 depending on what social things I have on (the extra 300cals is wine!!)
    You can't 'complete your diary' on fasting days, but otherwise MFP works great for staying on track.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I fast I feel like it's helped me a lot normally I stop eating around 6 or 7, and I start eating again around 1 or 2pm the next day. So about 19-20 hours of fasting!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I set my "meal names" as times as a way to track fasting. So when I log, it's not "lunch" or "dinner," it's "Pre 2pm" or "6-8pm" etc.