GIRLS WHO LIFT WEIGHTS (ADD ME) :)

Options
GIRLS WHO LIFT! add me! id like to see what you guys eat and exercises you do! so lets be friends!

Replies

• Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I do. You can see what I eat but I don't log my workouts (other than what my Garmin auto-posts). Feel free to add.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Sent FR. I log everything (good, bad and ugly) except workouts
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Add me is you'd like.
    I'm eating 2500+ cals most days..
  • ramshackles
    ramshackles Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I lift. Diary open.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I lift twice a week, cardio and circuit training in between.
  • Katieolivieri
    Katieolivieri Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am brand new and so beyond naive about all of this. Today was the end of my first week and I am so sore! Any tips, lifting or food, is greatly appreciated. I’m scared that I’m doing this all wrong.
  • Bealey2011
    Bealey2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am brand new and so beyond naive about all of this. Today was the end of my first week and I am so sore! Any tips, lifting or food, is greatly appreciated. I’m scared that I’m doing this all wrong.

I'm new this week too and just finished my first week (3x lifting followed by 30 min cardio) today I am only mildly sore
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

I've been lifting for 3 years and still get sore frequently. That's normal, especially when you're new to it.
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for about two years! Feel free to add me as a friend. My food and exercise diary is open :sunglasses:
  • DiamondCookies
    DiamondCookies Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm new to lifting (about a month or so), still use machines tbh. Feel free to add me!
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I mostly swim, but I try and hit the gym 2x a week during the winter.
  • rachelnettles
    rachelnettles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lift three days a week. I LOVE lifting! I will be designing my own workouts soon (like within a week) and can share. My food varies, but mainly lots and lots of protein, fiber, and carbs. What type of machines/free weights do you have at your disposal?
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I added some of you! Everyone feel free to add me too. I log everything including my workouts :) I'm just starting NROL4W for the... third? time.
  • Kitten_Fit_And_Confident
    Options
    I just joined my local gym with a new goal and that is to gain strength, I am sick of aiming for thin it just isn't who I am these days, I want muscles that support my body to function optimally so I feel good.

The first impression for me was whoa, how on earth do I use these machines/weights without looking like a complete novice. Any tips, tricks, book recommendations, pinterest inspo, etc from you would be grand.

Feel free to add me.

Michelle x
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I just joined my local gym with a new goal and that is to gain strength, I am sick of aiming for thin it just isn't who I am these days, I want muscles that support my body to function optimally so I feel good.

The first impression for me was whoa, how on earth do I use these machines/weights without looking like a complete novice. Any tips, tricks, book recommendations, pinterest inspo, etc from you would be grand.

Feel free to add me.

Michelle x

I recommend finding a beginner-friendly program to follow. Makes it easier not to feel overwhelmed :) Teach yourself or have someone teach you a few major exercises (squat, deadlift, bench press) and you'll be improving before you know it!
  • rachelnettles
    Options

Feel free to add me.

Michelle x

The first book I used for lifting was the Men's Health Book of Muscle. I loved it and still do the programs from time to time. It has a beginner, an intermediate, and an advanced program with very detailed explanations on what exercises to do/how many reps and sets to do/how to do it. I used machine weights and didn't see real muscle growth until I moved to free weights. I second what otters says about learning the major lifts; if you don't do them properly you can really hurt yourself!
  • rachelnettles
    Options
    I mentioned the Book of Muscle in a prior comment; for anyone who is doing NROL4W, Lou Schuler helped write both books. Just an FYI if someone is interested :)
  • Kitten_Fit_And_Confident
    Options
    @ottersandsealsdonotfly Thanks, I have been pinning like a crazy girl trying to find the most effective moves, will start with your suggestions. :)
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm about a month in on stronglifts. I've done the program in the past but never stuck with it... Always quit when my workout partner did. This time I'm doing it on my own, and it's a lot easier to stay motivated. I'd love some mfp friends who lift heavy to cheer on!
  • fjpatten
    fjpatten Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I started lifting two months ago and I love it! I'm working with a personal trainer for now until I feel comfortable going it alone.