Ready to lose this weight

Options
Hi, I’m Jemila. I’ve been struggling with my weight for the past 4 years and I’m just ready to get this weight off. It’s hard but I’m not giving up.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is really simple - just eat a little less. What do you find hard?
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Losing weight IS hard, when you don't know what to do. 'Just eat a little less' doesn't necessarily help in terms of volume if you don't know how to count calories. You can curb your volume intake and still have a caloric surplus. Aside from that changing one's habits is required to continue losing weight and remain at maintenance for the rest of your life. People who did not learn how to maintain gained their weight back.

Jemila, welcome and good luck. MFP is a very helpful tool in understanding what your body needs and how you can accommodate it. Making friends will keep you accountable and make you feel supported when you don't have the motivation. Weight loss is a journey to a new and healthier you - not a fad diet. It is important to realize that the habits you are building now and the knowledge you gain will have to be applied for the rest of your life, because it never ends, but it does get easier.