Looking for a support circle :)

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Martha and I’m just restarting my myfitnesspal account. I have been trying and giving up multiple times and realized it would probably be much easier if I had some friends on here to keep me motivated.

I moved to Tokyo from New York 3 years ago, and while I love it here, the stress and the lifestyle change has been killer on me (I’ve gained about 40 lbs...). I just can’t seem to stick with a healthy attitude.

I’m looking to lose 40 - 50 lbs and tone down. If anyone has similar goals or is looking for some supportive friends as well, I’d love to connect! Let’s get healthy together and cheer each other on :)

Replies

• Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to friend me, I'm on and log daily!
  • unmeisen
    unmeisen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!! Just added you guys :) I look forward to motivating each other so we can stay on track and reach our goals!
  • mlm7281
    mlm7281 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm restarting for real now
  • HappyRakes
    HappyRakes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation - I moved countries about a year ago and while it's been good for the most part, the added stress and change of routine has seen me struggle with my relationship with food and I've put on weight. I'd love some friends for support and motivation!
  • chirny
    chirny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to join this group too..... we all sound like we are in the same boat.
    Last time I tried this app I lost 5kgs and was happy with my progress. Since then I've put on 7kgs and can't seem to get over that motivation hurdle.
    My confidence has dropped so this it it, i need motivation and support....as much as i hate to admit it.
  • gldntwins
    gldntwins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends with anyone as I am also just getting back into counting my macros. Please add me. I love to motivate and am always looking for supportive and motivating friends too. This is difficult, but so rewarding! :)
  • Jaxson0215
    Jaxson0215 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Anyone on here can add me. I'm always looking for friends for support and motivation. I had Bariatric surgery in May. Since then I have lost 48 lbs. and 82 total. I have 40 more to go. I'm on here everyday logging. I workout 4-5 times a week. Love connecting with people that have similar goals.
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I have 40 -50 pounds to lose-
    Food is my struggle and I go back and forth on whether or not I want to kid my calories or just make better choices and work on portion control...low carb....I don’t know what to do! I don’t mind working out and I do a little something daily- running- walking, just walking in place....
    Can we just get through one day of doing right? :bawling:
  • SeaStaria
    SeaStaria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm pretty new on here how do I go about adding someone as a friend?
  • maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Motivation and encouragement is something we all can use...we can related to each other's goals...happy to connect with you all in this chain.
  • juliapdx
    juliapdx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost 50 lbs five times over the years. So tired of it. Every diet--I know it. On September 17 I started what I call the "modified no-starch diet." So far I've lost 7 lbs. My beginning weight was 183. The main things I'm doing are logging food, eating almost zero starch, and limiting greasy and/or sweet foods, and walking at least 4 miles a day 4 days a week. I eat salads, meat, fruit, all vegetables. Occasionally I have a piece of toast with my eggs, but rarely. I snack on sardines, Quest chips, celery, tomato juice, apple. I've eliminated cheese, except I'll have a sprinkling of feta in my salad. I drink limited alcohol, about three times a week--wine and spirits, but no sweet mixers. I'll have a bourbon and soda with lemon when I go out. If I start to eat starch or drink beer, the weight will start to pile on. I've damaged my ability to eat normally due to my continual yo-yo dieting. It's such a struggle not to enjoy the foods I like, but I hate feeling old and creaky with joint pain. I hate wearing clothes that make me feel frumpy. It can be done. People keep weight off. We need to check in with each other. You can do this! I hope what I've shared helps.
  • unmeisen
    Options
    SeaStaria wrote: »
    Hi I'm pretty new on here how do I go about adding someone as a friend?
    Hi! I’m not sure about how it works on the pc version, but if you are using the myfitnesspal app on mobile you can do it like this-
    1. Click on a user’s username
    2. Go to the user’s profile by clicking on their name again in the pop up window
    3. Click the little blue icon with a plus sign to open a message box and to send that user a friend request.
    It will ask you to put your name and a message for the user to see.

I hope that helps and makes sense! Maybe there’s a different way to do, but this is how I have done it.
  • unmeisen
    Options
    juliapdx wrote: »
    I have gained and lost 50 lbs five times over the years. So tired of it. Every diet--I know it. On September 17 I started what I call the "modified no-starch diet." So far I've lost 7 lbs. My beginning weight was 183. The main things I'm doing are logging food, eating almost zero starch, and limiting greasy and/or sweet foods, and walking at least 4 miles a day 4 days a week. I eat salads, meat, fruit, all vegetables. Occasionally I have a piece of toast with my eggs, but rarely. I snack on sardines, Quest chips, celery, tomato juice, apple. I've eliminated cheese, except I'll have a sprinkling of feta in my salad. I drink limited alcohol, about three times a week--wine and spirits, but no sweet mixers. I'll have a bourbon and soda with lemon when I go out. If I start to eat starch or drink beer, the weight will start to pile on. I've damaged my ability to eat normally due to my continual yo-yo dieting. It's such a struggle not to enjoy the foods I like, but I hate feeling old and creaky with joint pain. I hate wearing clothes that make me feel frumpy. It can be done. People keep weight off. We need to check in with each other. You can do this! I hope what I've shared helps.
    I know the feeling!! I hate feeling frumpy and overall unhealthy with my newly regained extra pounds. But you have lost 50 lbs over the years before, so you can do it again, I know it! And that is awesome you are walking 4 miles a day, 4 days a week! I was doing something similar - I was walking about 3 miles around my house 5 days a week, but it can be hard to keep that up because of work and weather... I have some exercise dvds that I can pop in at my house, though :)
  • unmeisen
    Options
    I hope we all are on successful paths to our goals! It’s hard to stick with it, but we’re all here for each other!

I think I added all of you here. I’m so happy to have a big support group to keep me on track, it feels great :)
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting (again) and have about 40lbs to lose (again) if anyone on here wants to add me. i have no support either so maybe some buddies would help?
  • Joji_Bean
    Joji_Bean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please friend request me. I am needing to loose about 40 more pounds and I need more active friends on here. That goes for the rest of you ladies as well please :smiley:
  • giuma
    giuma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a support circle. Please send a friend request.