Zumba calories burned?

Options
I went to a Zumba class night and was super excited to come home and find out approx. how many calories I burned but "no results found".... Anyone have insight on how I log Zumba classes and/or figure out how many calories I burned? Thanks in advanace and apologies if this is a silly question. I just don't know and so far everyone on MFP has been awesome with help!

Replies

• scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

This is a pretty good calculator as long as you are honest about your level of effort. I then just add my own exercise with how many I burned off of this.

Zumba is a GREAT work out. Keep it up!
  • ncoester
    ncoester Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I usually just log Zumba under aerobics general unless of course you are doing all high intensity options that your instructor gives you and then I do aerobics high impact. :)

Keep on Zumba-ing!!!!
  • kbarry90
    kbarry90 Posts: 48
    Options
    i would like to know too.
  • Stefie_G
    Stefie_G Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a calculator: https://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/ :smile:

Edit: Ha ha... apparently, I was too slow.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

This is a pretty good calculator as long as you are honest about your level of effort. I then just add my own exercise with how many I burned off of this.

Zumba is a GREAT work out. Keep it up!

i use this calculator to and even though i do it full out i usually log it as LOW just so i wont over estimate!
  • klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    Options
    Buy a good HRM watch like a Garmin, Timex, or Polar. Then you'll get a good idea.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I would recommend getting a HRM. Zumba calories is accurate for some, but it WAY over estimates for me. Like I burned 450 calories in 57 minutes on Thursday with a High Level of Effort - I was workin it! Zumba Calories says 774 with a low level of effort and over 1000 for a high level!
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There is no category because calories burned for Zumba varies for each person depending on the intensity of the workout. Go in a create Zumba in "My Exercises". Once you've entered it it will be in your exercise database for so you nly have to add it once. The best thing to do is to buy a HRM to get an exact calorie count. Best investment I ever made!! You could burn anywhere from 500 - 1,000 calories in 60 mins. I would estimate 500 calories until you get an HRM. Hope this helps.

Jody (Live, Love, Zumba!)
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    Thank you all! Great info. I think I'll use the link until I can get an HRM. I've heard several times that one would be beneficial. Maybe that'll be my first 20 lost reward!
  • donkeygrl
    donkeygrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I bought a HRM and that is like a watch from Target - about $50. I did Zumba Sunday for an hour and according to it I burned 900 calories. Now I did really work it, but I was kinda like - WOW! But as everyone has said , it really depends on the person. :-)