Let's try this "friend" thing again...

Options
Hi, my name is Ellie. I'm looking for some like minded, like goaled friends!

I'm looking for females only, apparently here on MFP most of the guys I've met just want to flirt, I don't want that at all.

I've tried to lose weight before, back in 2015, using MFP. I did pretty well and dropped 40 pounds. I got within 30 pounds of my goal and then lost it. I've now gained back all but 15 of those pounds and really want to be done.

I'm not following a special diet, just counting calories, and I haven't added in too much working out yet.

I am a very supportive and active friend, and I'd really like to meet some people who I can forge a true friendship with.

Add me if you'd like! I'd love to join you for your life change!

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi Dani...

Dani here also.

I have lost the weight before and unfortunately slowly gained it ALL back. After several rounds of losing and gaining the same 15lbs over and over again. I finally said enough is enough, I must end this cycle.

Im 50+ days in and 11 lbs down. I have 39 lbs to go. I do low(ish) carbs, because I find that some of white carbs bother my stomach and cause me to crave sugar.

I am very active and post daily.
  • rashell167
    rashell167 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, in similar situation. Add me!
  • sunigetsfit
    sunigetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm sort of in the same position as you. I lost 15 lbs before and gained all of that back. I want to lose 50 lbs as my end goal. Sending you an ad request! Let's do this!
  • Finding_Deeds
    Finding_Deeds Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I am looking for like minded friends also. I restarted my journey again this week and can use all the encouragement I can get. I lost almost 30lbs a few years ago, but unfortunately have gained it all back and then some.
    I've also started the Couch to 5k app again. I had success with it before, so I am hoping I can do it again.

Id love to get to know some new people with similar goals so add me if you like :)
  • maggiesimmons3515
    maggiesimmons3515 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I added you!
    And I totally feel you. I was kind of bombarded with messages from guys when I posted that I was looking for friends. I'd love some female friends to help motivate :)
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Not to be that "guy" that just barges in but not all the guys on here are like that well atleast im not...but i have seen alot of guys doing what you said and have noticed alot of them on here are dickheads almost makes you not want to use the community part of this app just use it to calculate macros
  • danitaielle
    danitaielle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not to be that "guy" that just barges in but not all the guys on here are like that well atleast im not...but i have seen alot of guys doing what you said and have noticed alot of them on here are dickheads almost makes you not want to use the community part of this app just use it to calculate macros

Feel free to add me, I just am not interested in anything but friendship. I've definitely met good guys. They're just not the majority reaching out.
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Feel free to add me, I just am not interested in anything but friendship. I've definitely met good guys. They're just not the majority reaching out.

Thats all im looking for as well....like minded ppl who wanna get healthy and share tips and pointers
  • MatthewRuch
    MatthewRuch Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Already have you as a friend, stay strong, there are a few of us guys around here who are here for business only! Lets get this done!
  • danitaielle
    danitaielle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Already have you as a friend, stay strong, there are a few of us guys around here who are here for business only! Lets get this done!

It's why we're still friends! I think I weeded out the people were looking for more than I was giving.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Not a flirt here to support
  • noolz
    noolz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me :D