30 day shred?

Options
So I started the 30DS yesterday, and man am I feeling it today! Definitely a good workout. I read some reviews that said it ruined their knees though.. has any of this happened to you? If the knees really become a problem I still think I'll do the workout but just modify the exercises with the knees.

Oh and did any of you get any results from doing this DVD for a month?
Thanks!

Replies

• BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    You think your feeling it today way till days 3 and 4 :laugh: they are the worst of each level but stick with it and it does get easier xx
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I had weak knees when I started the shred, so I just did as many reps of the lunges ect as I could manage and just continued with the arms when they started to hurt. Gradually I built up to doing everything, and now my knees (not to mention everything else!) are much stronger than they ever were. So if you do get a problem just do as much as you can and build up slowly.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I got results from the first 10 days!!! Never got past the first two days of the second set of exercises though (ankle injuries) BUT I don't attribute those to the dvd, I have a chronic ankle and knee condition to begin with. I did not, however, notice any knee issues from the first set of exercises. I have read complaints here and there though.
  • Gabika
    Gabika Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi

I started 30 DS yesterday too :-) it's great, isnt it? I completed 30 DS before, just repeating it now
    I am not keen on launches, I found them really horrible and I have to want that my knee doesn't go over my toes...
    sometimes my knee hurts when I do them
    Do you feel any pains??
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Proper form is important. When you do squats and lunges, it's important not to let you knees go past your toes. Jillian says it in the DVD, but doesn't stress form as much as other DVD instructors. These are pretty basic, standard moves, and not over used (since the whole workout is only 25 min). I'd say poor form would be more likely to cause injury than the actual exercises.

As for results, the last time I did the Shred, I didn't lose a single pound, but I lost 3 inches from my waist alone, and really firmed up everywhere. Take pictures and measurements, and you'll definitely see results. It's an awesome program, and I just started it again yesterday too. I'm trying it with 10lb weights this time, so I'm sore today too.
  • sourcat
    sourcat Posts: 12
    Options
    Yeah I am a little sore today, but nothing to the point where I couldn't do it again. But I do run and walk every day anyways, so I'm just adding 30ds to my regular workout routine. I couldn't picture using 10 pound weights! Just the 3's make my arms burn but I'm sure once I do it a lot it'll keep getting easier. Thanks for all your answers!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am a little sore today, but nothing to the point where I couldn't do it again. But I do run and walk every day anyways, so I'm just adding 30ds to my regular workout routine. I couldn't picture using 10 pound weights! Just the 3's make my arms burn but I'm sure once I do it a lot it'll keep getting easier. Thanks for all your answers!

I did about the same thing last round. I walked about 30 minutes durning my lunch break, and added in the DVD. If the 3's ever start feeling easy, step up to 5's. In my experience, it's better to use heavier weights, and go a little slower or miss a rep or two, than to not fully challenge yourself. Stick with it, and I hope you love it!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options

Do you need weights to do the 30-Day Shred program? I've been thinking of trying it and this is the first time I've seen weights mentioned.
  • sourcat
    sourcat Posts: 12
    Options
    Well in the kit I bought for the 30ds, it came with 3 pound weights. And they use them in the video so I do too :)