200 pounds plus

Options
Is there anyone in the 200's weight range who is tired of being fat and just wants to loose at least 30 lbs? if so you have come to the right place, my name is Jen and i am 26 years old and i have 35 lbs to loose and i just cant seem to get the weight off, i exercise 5 times a week and i eat for the most part healthy and i stay within my calories, fat, sodium, carbs, but i sometimes go over on my fiber and protein. i would love if there were other people like me who are going through the same situation as i am and would like to share, all are welcome

Replies

• ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i am replying, not because i weigh more than 200lb but because i USED to weigh more than 200lb. i hope your journey with weight loss goes smoothly, i actually enjoyed losing weight. and i am hating maintaining! i am a slight control freak and admit i may have slight OCD which is why i enjoyed losing weight so much.
  • apetranovich
    apetranovich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weight 253 lbs and would like to lose 100lbs when everything is said and done. I do circuit training with a trainer 4-5 days a week. I have been yo yoing in my weight, and I try not to let it get me down. I have given up before but this time I absolutely refuse to give up. I just have to accept the fact that my body will do different things and to just keep going at it.:happy:
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Some information please:
    How long have you been trying to lose?
    What type of exercise have you been doing?
    Have you ever tried to lose before; and succeeded? Failed?
    Ratio of fruits and vegetables (calories), to protein?
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    No biggy if you go over on your fiber and protein---what you really should consider is decreasing your carbs???? I keep my carbs just under 100 each day. ITs been the magic. I used to weigh 275.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    I started at 255. I want to lose 70lbs initially, then take it from there.

Are you doing strength training? That may help
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Some information please:

i started last week and only lost 1 pound
    i do jumping jacks 50 of them a day and i walk up and down stairs for 30 min a day and i also do 150 situps 3 times a week
    i have tried to loose before and only lost 6 lbs
    i eat a lot of fruits and veggies a day about 4 fruits a day and like 2 cups of veg a day
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Some information please:

i started last week and only lost 1 pound
    i do jumping jacks 50 of them a day and i walk up and down stairs for 30 min a day and i also do 150 situps 3 times a week
    i have tried to loose before and only lost 6 lbs
    i eat a lot of fruits and veggies a day about 4 fruits a day and like 2 cups of veg a day

I see success on the horizon.
    Last week and you lost only 1 pound. Patience, the body needs time to adjust, which brings me to:
    Exercise - I would say that the exercise seems pretty passive, I would do something more sustained like running, eliptical machine, long walks at a good speed (min. 60 minutes). Try to shoot for a VERIFIABLE 350 to 500 calorie burn, 6 days a week.
    6 lbs lost previously is great. You know you can do this!
    Fruits and veggies; check.
    Forget going over on protein, I don't think this really matters.
    Good luck, and up that exercise; a lot. You will get there.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am there with you. I am 228 lbs and have another 68 to lose to goal. It has been slow going but I am learning to be healthy and developing fitness habits (I have NEVER been very active and am paying the price for that with health conditions now.