Just had a baby

Options
Hey everyone!

I just had a baby 6 days ago and it's time to get back on track and lose the baby weight and tone up. It's going to be a long road with this added recovery but I am ready do feel sexy again ❤️

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    After 6 days? Really?
  • allisonl6
    allisonl6 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Honestly, just try and soak in as much baby as you can right now. They grow so fast. Enjoy your baby and rest.
  • mrsfitz9518
    mrsfitz9518 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    He will be in the NICU for 6 weeks (he was born at 30 weeks) so I am taking this time for me
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I just had a baby 6 days ago and it's time to get back on track and lose the baby weight and tone up. It's going to be a long road with this added recovery but I am ready do feel sexy again ❤️

Your body is still doing a whole lotta healing. Separation of the placenta from the uterus leaves what amounts to a wound to heal, and your uterus needs to shrink and let things 'settle' back into place. Plus any other cuts or tears from childbirth that need to heal. Conventional advice is 4 weeks minimum, 6 for a c-section, before adding any significant activity. Enjoy your babymoon.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    He will be in the NICU for 6 weeks (he was born at 30 weeks) so I am taking this time for me

Sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Your doctor needs to clear you for exercise. Like @pinuplove said, usually 4 weeks at least. You can focus on eating healthily, though.
  • maggiesimmons3515
    maggiesimmons3515 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @mrsfitz9518 congratulations! Are you breastfeeding? It made me drop weight like crazy. After a few months, walking with baby was great for me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your body just went through a LOT in the past 7-8 months. Take the time to rest, heal, and watch your little one get stronger. Your hormones are going to remain out of whack for a while.
  • Midalisxo
    Midalisxo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 6 weeks ago .. yayyy for new mommies