Day 2 and I'm already suffering withdrawals

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new here and started yesterday but I CAN DO THIS. I gave up the cigs just over 1 yr 3 months ago and if I can do that I can do this.

Replies

• msmith5251s
    Options
    I suffered withdrawals at first too...
    It gets better with time -
    Plus remember, everything in moderation...
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me too. And it lasted for a couple of weeks, but they passed as I kept on with healthy eating habits. Keep strong and don't become discouraged!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    If its really bad and you want to snack, try things ultra low in calories. Like, sliced celery with salsa is a nice munchie. You can do this girl, just remember, you beat the cigs, you can do ANYTHING!!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It is a bit like giving up smoking few days to rid of toxins, then work on the habit side you can do this. Drink water, every craving pretend it is water you crave x
  • demoffo
    demoffo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hang in there and keep up with the calorie count. It is the best discipline out there and you will reap the benefits
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3. Yesterday I would have knocked my own mother to the ground for a cookie! Every time I did I would walk around the outside of the yard and come back when I was over it. I didn't trust myself to even walk in the kitchen to get water! I downloaded the MFP app on my phone and eat anything until I log it in my diary! That helped a lot! Celery stalks, pickle spears and tomato slice only have 4-6 calories and make a great diversion!

Keep going!
  • verons
    verons Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement. Its great to know I'm not alone and that I'll always have support on here. I felt better towards the end of the day - now filling the "void" with water - something that I'm not used to taking a lot of. I'm a real coffee pot, or at least I used to be :smile:
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    this shouldn't be about punishing yourself....think of it as a reward. There's no reason to give up coffee, because believe me, I'm not! I will just make modifications to exercise and food amounts later.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You're right... YOU CAN DO THIS!! Honestly, as hard as quitting smoking was for me, it was easy because I knew exactly what I was giving up and what I was gaining by quitting... Food is a whole other beast!! While yes, it is getting easier to understand WHY we shouldn't eat a million calories or whatever, but I have discovered that eating in moderation will always be something I struggle with, but with mfp... you all give me a feeling of accountability!!! Not be harsh on me when I go over, but to encourage me that tomorrow I a whole new opportunity to "get it right" lol!!
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The first few days are tough but hang in there. Drink a TON of water. You want to de-tox and flush your system. Don't let yourself get too hungry.

Tough it out and it will be no big.