38 calorie, easy to make delicious, chocolate crunch cookies

Options
fitchick99
fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
These are totally yummy....I have a serious sweet tooth, and there's just no way i'm going without a chocolate fix every day...I found this recipe in a company's coming cookbook, i'll give it to you the way it is in print, and i'll let you in on some tips to cut the calories and fat even further, and my kids don't even know it!

2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 box chocolate cake mix
3 skor bars, or chocolate/white chips, really whatever you want to add

mix it all together, drop by tsp, 350 degree oven for 10 minutes let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, move to a rack

48 calories a cookie, 3 grams of fat, this was made using the skor bars

Now, I used 1 large egg and two egg whites, I also replaced all but 11/2 tablespoon of the oil with prune puree...I use the baby food jar type, it's cheap and convenient, we also used chocolate chips and mini marshmallows

our version came in at 35 calories a cookie, 1.5 grams of fat
and 38 calories with the few marshmallows

this recipe made 45 nice sized cookies, that are all gone...and we just made them, the younger kids couldn't even tell there were prunes in the cookies

Replies

• fitchick99
    Options
    These are totally yummy....I have a serious sweet tooth, and there's just no way i'm going without a chocolate fix every day...I found this recipe in a company's coming cookbook, i'll give it to you the way it is in print, and i'll let you in on some tips to cut the calories and fat even further, and my kids don't even know it!

2 eggs
    1/4 cup oil
    1 box chocolate cake mix
    3 skor bars, or chocolate/white chips, really whatever you want to add

mix it all together, drop by tsp, 350 degree oven for 10 minutes let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, move to a rack

48 calories a cookie, 3 grams of fat, this was made using the skor bars

Now, I used 1 large egg and two egg whites, I also replaced all but 11/2 tablespoon of the oil with prune puree...I use the baby food jar type, it's cheap and convenient, we also used chocolate chips and mini marshmallows

our version came in at 35 calories a cookie, 1.5 grams of fat
    and 38 calories with the few marshmallows

this recipe made 45 nice sized cookies, that are all gone...and we just made them, the younger kids couldn't even tell there were prunes in the cookies
  • rosered51
    Options
    thanks for the recipe, bumping for later!
  • kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Options
    yes, thanks!!! sounds yummy! and i am loving the 35 cals!! woohoo
  • fitchick99
    Options
    yes, thanks!!! sounds yummy! and i am loving the 35 cals!! woohoo

I thought that as well, until I ate 4 lol...oh well...they were worth it! I couldn't believe how good these were....there was no difference between the recipe version and my cut-back version, as far as taste or the way they baked, which is always a plus, cause you never know whats going to happen when you tweak a recipe :tongue:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    sounds awsome I copied it so I can make them one day.:bigsmile: I love chocolate :bigsmile: Thank you so much:drinker:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    this sounds fantastic. bumping for later, although i'll probably substitute the oil with apple sauce. :happy:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Chocolate cookies are a weakness of mine! I LOVE Chocolate cookies!
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    Im going to try this
  • abbylove08
    Options
    bump
  • mommachag
    Options
    I use fat free plain yogurt in place of oil in most of my baking. it makes them light and very yummy
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA!! I love that you are sneaking things in and the kids cant tell!! Im gonna have to try this recipe with my picky teens and of course to satisfy my sweet tooth a bit on occasion

Thanks!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I wish I would have seen this recipe before I did my grocery shopping today! These cookies sound so good!
  • missyelliot22
    missyelliot22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me whats all this "bump" business? I am confused...
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!:love:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    OOO sounds good! Thanks!
  • abbylove08
    Options
    I made these today!
    sooooo good. mine are like cakey cookies. i used dark chocolate cake mix. one batch i put a mini marshmallow in the middle of each one halfway through baking.
    the other batch i mixed in chocolate and pb chips.

mmmmm.
  • dinaanne
    Options
    That sounds great. Thanks!:drinker: :drinker:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me whats all this "bump" business? I am confused...

By putting "bump" you are basically just replying to the thread so it gets "bumped" to the top of the list...make sense?