half marathon

Options
Is anyone out there doing the Chicago 1/2 marathon??? I registered & don't want to run alone!

Replies

• pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did my first half marathon a few weeks ago and can't wait to do another, but its a bit too far to travel :sad: Hope you find some one to run with and good luck :happy:
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, but I just don't think I'd be up for that far just yet. Still taking baby steps. You'll do great! Does it get boring running that far alone? I get bored running more then a mile alone.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I just did the North Shore half two weeks ago! It was AWESOME! But I have a little bit of a nagging foot injury, so I can't be taking on any halfs anytime soon. Good luck! Have fun!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You won't be alone, I promise. Just leave the ipod at home and make friend on the course. You can also run with a pace group (very informal deal, just show up and run with them, then ditch them if they are going too fast or too slow).
  • alexj8403
    Options
    I'm running it! I move to the City at the end of this month! Maybe we could go on a training run together! It's my first half! :)
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Im running my first half marathon in October. Are you following a training plan?
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am running that half marathon! And you won't be alone, there will be 20,000 of us!! :D