My motivation challenge for Christmas

Options
So it's roughly 11 weeks till Christmas:-/
I'm thinking of setting a realistic goal till then.
I do have quite a bit to lose and I'm trying not to look at the bigger picture and thinking of putting small challenges in place to make it feel more doable.
I figured that if I lose 1lb a week, that will take me to 11.3lb which I'd be ecstatic about!
If I got just under 11 then I'd be well chuffed.
So my challenge is set :-)
Doesn't seem so daunting doing it this way!
Just think what you could achieve in 11 weeks :-)

Replies

• Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think that is a awesome idea!
  • sallievp
    sallievp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great plan! Think how lovely we will all look at Christmas
  • sallievp
    Options
    I am currently 8 stone 12....would be happy with 6 pound loss to take me to 8 stone 6...just want to be somewhere under 8 and a half stone! ( I'm not very tall and spend half my time in India where mostly everyone is thin!!)
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great challenge. I just met with a nutritionist last week and am having a real hard time getting started but I think the idea of 1lb a week is doable. Do you mind if I join you in this challenge
  • seashellybob
    seashellybob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge! I'm working on a 1lb a week loss, but I'm going to give myself a little wiggle room (a trip to Disney for the birthday between now and christmas :)) So 10lbs by Christmas sounds great! That would put me at 207 :)
  • Meggan_Adele
    Meggan_Adele Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    GREAT! Totally doable, I'd love to jump in and join you. We'll have to keep our hands off the Halloween treats!
  • lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sallievp wrote: »
    Great plan! Think how lovely we will all look at Christmas

We need the outfit hanging on the wardrobe to remind ourselves
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    I am currently 8 stone 12....would be happy with 6 pound loss to take me to 8 stone 6...just want to be somewhere under 8 and a half stone! ( I'm not very tall and spend half my time in India where mostly everyone is thin!!)

You look lovely now.
    I'm only 5.1 so rather small. I'd love to hit the 8's but I'm not sure really if I'll get there.
    You will do it xx
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    I think this is a great challenge. I just met with a nutritionist last week and am having a real hard time getting started but I think the idea of 1lb a week is doable. Do you mind if I join you in this challenge

Hey Hun :-) your more than welcome to be a friend and I can keep a check on you!
    It just doesn't seem as daunting and also your more than likely to keep it off losing a lb a week. Xx
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    I love this challenge! I'm working on a 1lb a week loss, but I'm going to give myself a little wiggle room (a trip to Disney for the birthday between now and christmas :)) So 10lbs by Christmas sounds great! That would put me at 207 :)

You can do this Hun.
    I'm off to Disney on the 29th of this month also and I'll have my Fitbit on :-) just think of the steps you'll get in xx
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    GREAT! Totally doable, I'd love to jump in and join you. We'll have to keep our hands off the Halloween treats!

Welcome aboard honey
    We can do this!! I've accepted your request and I'll be there for you xx
  • sallievp
    Options
    Yey!!! Feel very motivated this morning as my old school friends have planned a night out for 1 December
  • sallievp
    Options
    And want to look good as I don't see them very often!
  • Helene_vC
    Helene_vC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I focus on body fat..at the moment is 35, trying to achieve 30% on Christmas.
    Wich is doable, but will be hard as I go out almost every wekend, and I if I don't there's always a party some where :o
    Good luck to all of you!!!
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    And want to look good as I don't see them very often!

I’m sure you’ll rock what you wear!
    Nothing better than something to work towards!
    What I hate, is when I have an event coming up and think to myself I have 6 months to lose this amount and then I mess about with it and by time it comes round your still the same.
    I’ve done that to often and really want to put it to bed!
    Just think how you will feel on the night putting your outfit on and how proud of yourself you will be! Xx
  • lisabobczuk
    Options
    Helene_vC wrote: »
    I focus on body fat..at the moment is 35, trying to achieve 30% on Christmas.
    Wich is doable, but will be hard as I go out almost every wekend, and I if I don't there's always a party some where :o
    Good luck to all of you!!!

That’s a really good way of doing it!
    But we have to live also at the same time.
    Any journey shouldn’t stop us enjoying what we do.
    It’s all about moderation.
    You will do it Hun xx