Apple Watch - Doesn't sync HIIT exercises?

Options
Has anybody else tried a HIIT workout through the new Apple Watch? I did 4 exercises yesterday and only 3 synced across, HIIT was the only one that did not.

Today I just left the HIIT workout running rather than splitting it up and it again hasn't synced across. It is taking the steps fine.

All permissions are given, hence yesterday it syncing 3/4 workouts.

I'm going out later and where I'm going is about a 20 minute walk so I'll try using Outdoor Walk and see if that goes over, but my gut feeling at the moment is there is a problem with MyFitnessPal pulling the HIIT workouts from the Health app.

Replies

• shrouski
    shrouski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That 20 minute walk has synced, so there definitely seems to be a problem with just the HIIT exercises. I've emailed MyFitnessPal to say I think I've found a bug.
  • Lightbrazer
    Lightbrazer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Confirmed HIIT doesn’t sync for me either. But other does.
  • asonen
    asonen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    same issue for me.
  • ChristopherLarry
    ChristopherLarry Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    its a fairly new workout on the apple watch. MFP just needs to update it on their end. Same thing happened with the "other" workout.
  • Fiwalli
    Fiwalli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same problem here, but it really isn’t new. It hasn’t imported Watch Flexibility or Core training, nor the old “Other->HIIT” either. Most work, but many don’t. Why can’t they just import all even if it just shows up as “Apple Workout” or something else generic?
  • vern159
    vern159 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try using a different app on your Apple Watch. I use fitiv pulse. It’s free and costs around $10 for a year to use it fully. Gives much better detail and heart rate graph of your exercise. All exercise data syncs with Apple health and MFP..... also takes mfp info and uses in app.wzivjs2uvbfa.png
    crhbgm5nwlx9.png
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    :(. @vern159 That app looks great! But I can’t find it looked for: FITIV, FITTY, and FIT1ST what is the app name?
  • vern159
    vern159 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Go to FITIV.com. The app is in beta, works like a charm. This app is replacing an app called MotiFIT., which I’ve used since last November when I got my Apple Watch. The developer sent me the beta, I wasn’t aware that it wasn’t in App Store yet.
  • stanharvell
    stanharvell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. HIIT won’t sync from Apple Watch series 3 to the MFP app. Please fix!
  • redfawnlily
    redfawnlily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. Also would not track my mixed cardio.
  • durrglobal2508
    durrglobal2508 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue for me. Apple series 4. OS 5 does not sync HIIT to MFP
  • poppacouch
    poppacouch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Still seeing same issue. HIIT does not automatically get pulled into MFP. :( Please fix if.
  • mboyadjian
    mboyadjian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Issue still exists. HIIT workouts do not get synced with MFP.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    +1 for FITiv. It's an awesome app You'll find it in the app store searching "FITIV Pulse "
  • iPab78
    iPab78 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I was looking into this also and it appears that the issue now has been fixed:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2917162-apple-watch-exercises

Apple Watch Exercises Syncs to MyFitnessPal as:
    HIIT Circuit Training, general
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Just use "other" workout on the watch and it will come over. It's just the name that hitches things up.
  • nmastrella
    nmastrella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It worked a few times but it still doesn’t register lately. Anyone know if it’s fixed. I saw an update with dark mode.