Quest Bars

Options
Am I really the only one who can't stand quest bars? I really want to like them and I have tried 5 diffrent kind. I've ate them plain, baked them and microwaved them. Still nasty ☹
I think they taste like chemicals. Any thoughts?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    My only thought is- yes, they are nasty.
    I have never found one I could finish.

Cheers, h.
  • gerbradaisy44
    gerbradaisy44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh good I thought I was crazy
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Only 1 i can stomach is the oatmeal choco chip
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them a lot and then they changed the formula. I haven't had one since.
  • gerbradaisy44
    gerbradaisy44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

How bad is it?
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I love the cookies and cream and the apple pie. I have them shipped to my house once a month from Amazon.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Just bought 2 the other day cuz I hear about them a lot on here,I tried cookies and cream jeez one bite and I felt like I ate soap! Gave the smores one to hubs,not worth the calories or price
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have never tried them. I do like kind bars, have you tried those?
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I also think they are disgusting, especially the texture. They are about like chewing on road tar. I will never understand the appeal.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like the smores and mint chocolate one. Cinnamon buns was nasty. I eat 1-2 a week on long run days because I get the runger and they have a nice hunk of protein. However, I'm actively looking for an alternative because I find I don't really enjoy them. They do help keep the runger at bay, but I'm not entirely in love with how they taste.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    MrsBeccaM5 wrote: »
    I have never tried them. I do like kind bars, have you tried those?

Kind bars are yummy!
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

How bad is it?

Its not as bad as the others
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I used to eat Quest bars until I discovered Grenade Carb Killa and Fulfil bars, both of which feel like actual food in your mouth.
    I'm too scared to go back now ;)
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I can't handle the Quest. I have tried them and I just can't. I am a fan of the Cliff Bars. Great taste! Maybe less protein than some of the others, but they are filling and again... taste good!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who can't stand quest bars? I really want to like them and I have tried 5 diffrent kind. I've ate them plain, baked them and microwaved them. Still nasty ☹
    I think they taste like chemicals. Any thoughts?

Nope. I am not fond of them either...
  • d2harvey
    d2harvey Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    could tell from the wrapper that i'd never touch them, tbh. power bar has been around since 1986 for a reason.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the taste or texture, but there are definitely better options out there. No one's mentioned Fitjoy which packs almost as most protein and fiber as Quest does, but tastes like a candy bar <3
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I like the cookies and cream microwaved for 10 secs. It's not OMG this is good it's just a good quick way for me to get my protein in.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like the Smart for Life bar from Costco. 20g protein for 190 cals. Inly 2 of fibre but I don't worry about getting enough of that.
    They are similar-ish to a chic covered rice crispy bar- crunch rather than chew.

Cheers, h.