Be my morning Mr/Ms Myagi

Options
Right. Next competition is 11 Nov.
I am LAME at stretching, rollering, mobility and need to start a new routine. I want to do empty bar work (using a 20kg barbell rather than the competition 15kg in my living room) to practise the line (I'm an olympic lifter), plus core strengthening and overall stretching every morning, BUT I FORGET!! RUBBISH!!!
Inspired by someone on here requesting a "message buddy" to help motivate and maintain accountability, I thought I'd ask if anyone fancied messaging in the morning to make sure we each do what we know we really want to do?! It would be very supportive, and as I'm keen to do well in this comp, and of course beyond, I would take it seriously (warning: with a lot of humour..).
I'm in the UK, but a different time zone wouldn't matter if it would fit with your plans. We'd just need to use Whatsapp, and want to train "at the same time" - e.g. my morning might be your evening etc.
It doesn't matter what training you do, as long as you're serious about it and preferably following a programme of some kind. I've recently started adding a swim on a Monday morning to improve stamina and I'm working on improving the efficiency of my front crawl. My olympic weightlifting club training is in the evenings four times a week with my team and coach, so this morning stuff I'm talking about is in addition and should only take about 30 minutes or so. Please get in touch if interested!
Lifting love,
Alexandra (West Yorkshire, England)

Replies

• Insain1
    Insain1 Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    hey im in the uk and train early morning abd now following a food plan and back on it fully monday with swimming, weights, cardio and even boxing add me if you like. Im starting my weights sessions again starting from empty bars hoping to squat at least 40kg within a month again and deadlift 60kg ill nudge you everyday monday onwards no problem as long as you return the favour
  • Alendralouise
    Alendralouise Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’ve just added you. Definitely up for returning the favour and helping each other get on it in the mornings! I need to start a new habit :) Brilliant you’re also in the UK.