Sick - Dumb Cold

Options
I have been doing so good for 2 months - then I got sick last week - then it started to go away and then came back with a vengeance. I broke down and ate junk yesterday and had starbucks and a donut this morning. :( I'm all stuffy and miserable and don't want to eat good. Argh!!! Need to get back on track. So frustrating. I've still worked out but taken it easy. How do you all stay on track when sick with the crud?

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having Starbucks and a donut occasionally. Especially if it doesn't put you over your goal. And there is nothing wrong with eating at maintenance when you are sick. You need to heal. My problem when I'm sick is I usually don't eat enough.

I really liked @Arduinna4's analogy about the flat tire.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Njkelley wrote: »
    I have been doing so good for 2 months - then I got sick last week - then it started to go away and then came back with a vengeance. I broke down and ate junk yesterday and had starbucks and a donut this morning. :( I'm all stuffy and miserable and don't want to eat good. Argh!!! Need to get back on track. So frustrating. I've still worked out but taken it easy. How do you all stay on track when sick with the crud?

Chicken soup. Easy to control the calories and it'll heal you. Just ask any grandmother.

Why does being sick make you want junk food? If anything, being sick usually makes me not want to eat (but I absolutely let myself eat and don't limit calories if I do feel hungry).
  • Njkelley
    Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! @DX2JX2 I think its comfort food. I did stop and get myself some chicken soup for lunch. :)
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It is what it is lovely :):D
    Look after yourself.
    This is every day. For always.
    So get well, Then get back to it.
    That's life. Don't beat yourself up over it. <3<3
  • prettypanda1313
    prettypanda1313 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was just out sick with a nasty sore throat, cough and cold and body aches for over a week. I mostly ate soup (chicken, fish, shrimp with veggies) with a little bit of rice for lunch and dinner and had the typical eggs and toast for breakfast. It was the only thing that I felt like eating and it helped with my sore throat and cough. I also didn’t workout for almost 9 days. I was worried I would start gaining weight but I just didn’t have the energy to workout. I knew my body needed to rest or else I would just be prolonging my sickness. I logged all my food and was still able to lose weight without excercising for over a week. Now I’m easing back slowly to working out again and getting back to my routine.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I was the sickest iv ever been. Couldnt keep food down or...ehem...Wasnt exactly absorbing food....>.> So i took the chance to eat a big 24 pack of cookies (good fresh baked big cookies) and some fast food (during the one time i was able to leave my house lol) Still ended up losing 17 pounds on the worst day and 8 pounds overall after refuel. Calories dont count when your sick! (obviously im giggling as i say this they do count but they shouldnt) Comfort food is needed sometimes in life. BUT. As far as my delicious cheat food goes, My taste buds were off from being sick and the foood didnt even taste that good. Bit of a bummer. Was able to drown my last 2 cookies once i finally realized they werent going to taste as good as i hoped and id be beter off eating a few later once back in control and focusing on nutrition for now best i can to get beter. I figured that out before my last 2 cookies but i am a weak wimp when im sick i wanted the damn cookies XD