600 calories for breakfast and lunch

Options
dlm4mom
dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
I have a few months coming up that will require dinner meetings immediately after work where pizza is the only food option. I know I will not be able to avoid eating pizza so I need to only have 600 calories before dinner.

I really need help figuring out how to do this.

Replies

• elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i would meal prep. no everyone likes pizza.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    my usual breakfast is around 300 cals (protein enriched cereal) and a big salad for lunch is easy to make 300 cals... not seeing the problem? other than getting bored of pizza of course! :laugh:
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am not far over 600 (usually around 650) before dinner.
    My breakfast is fruit (max 150g) , with half fat yoghurt and 20g muesli (non sugared) and 10g of nuts
    Lunch is one slice of wholemeal bread with hummus/beet spread of baba ganoush, a salad (no dressing, no nuts seeds or other calories, just vegetables/ and lots of lettuce) and generally a vegetable or tomato soup.
    I also have piece of fruit in the morning and afternoon

But other than that - how rude that pizza is the only option. I would bring my own food. Just to make a point. Pizza every day is just awful. This is while I love pizza but every day. Yikes!
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I usually have grape tomatoes and string cheese for first meal (sometimes will have oatmeal with but that will bump cals some)and then Italian beef or a loaded potato or homemade meatballs with a veggie side or stewed spinach/tomato for second meal. You can pretty easily get a lunch for 400-450 cals if you make it yourself.

I don’t normally eat first meal until pretty late in the day though. I can’t stomach food until I am wide awake and have been working for awhile. Usually eat on morning break and then lunch. I think that helps the smaller breakfast last long enough for me. May not work for all.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Protein shake for breakfast and a reasonable lunch
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Can you request vegetarian pizza?
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You could also bring a prepackaged bagged salad and eat that along with your pizza? That way 2/3 of the volume of your meal isn't pizza. :)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Where are the meetings going to be held at? Why is pizza the only option? Is there a refridgerator there you could use? Just getting an idea to better answer your question.
  • 3point142
    3point142 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    > I really need help figuring out how to do this.
    Some suggestions based on my own tricks:

1. Delay your breakfast until an hour or two later than usual, say by eating it at work instead of at home. I suggest quark; it's only 65 calories per 100g, so you can get a heavy full feeling in your stomach with fairly few calories.
    2. Eat lunch as late as you can manage (2pm?) and make it a salad with lots of variety (I add a few olives, some feta cheese cubes and some nuts for crunch).
    3. When it comes to the evening, make sure you drink a large, low-calorie drink before the pizza comes (water or fruit squash ideally); this will help take the edge off any hunger and help stop you guzzling more pizza than you intend!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My typical lunch is around 400 calories. Breakfast is 100-300. I don't like skipping breakfast but can eat a small breakfast.
    Typically I eat things like this:
    Breakfast- low prep foods like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese
    Lunch- things like sandwich, salad, or dinner leftovers

I don't know what you typically eat and drink.
    Reduce portion sizes of higher calorie items. Choose lower fat proteins. Bulk out your meals with lower calorie vegetables.
    Pizza isn't that terrible if you make some choices. Eat 1-2 slices of pizza for dinner and have a salad with it. Get thin crust pizza with less calorie dense toppings like vegetables or chicken. Skip things like breadsticks or dessert. Drink water, tea or diet soda.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm in favor of the delay-break-fast-for-larger-lunch tactic. Black coffee in the AM might help, and as a bonus you'll poop well.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - egg whites w/ham
    Mini egg white frittatas in muffin pans, made ahead & frozen for these days
    Pancake muffins made with fruit so you don't need syrup, frozen ahead
    Lunch - homemade tuna salad
    Salad
    Chicken salad

Take some crudités to eat just before the meeting, if you have time, to help fill you up before the pizza.
    Your favorite gum for when some people are still eating and that third slice is calling your name.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I would honestly not want to eat pizza that often. I know that it can be hard to avoid it if it's right there in front of you, but maybe bringing your own food would be better. You can also have one slice of pizza along with something you bring from home.

If you want to eat the pizza, my usual breakfast is a little over 300 calories: Greek yogurt, fiber cereal, protein powder, PB2 or chocolate PB2, mix with a small amount of skim or light soy milk until it's the consistency you like. It easily keeps me full until lunch.

The protein bars I prefer are 210-280 calories each. I have one for lunch fairly often.

That combination would put you at or under 600 calories before dinner, with a generous amount of protein and fiber too.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    my usual breakfast is around 300 cals (protein enriched cereal) and a big salad for lunch is easy to make 300 cals... not seeing the problem? other than getting bored of pizza of course! :laugh:

ditto. typically-- breakfast: yogurt with some mix-in, lunch: soup/stew/chili.
    Also- I usually scarf down a quick dinner at work before heading off to cycling group/running/dancing - cottage cheese, baggie of chicken, more soup/stew/chili, half clif bar with more yogurt or some peanut butter.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1 cup cottage cheese (220 cal; 24g protein) or greek yogurt (170 cal; 23g protein) w/ fruit for breakfast.

large, leafy salad w/ veggies and grilled chicken (60 cal/oz; 25g protein/oz) for lunch

In addition to keeping your calories around 600, this will ensure you get plenty of protein to compensate for carb/fat heavy pizza.
  • emailmehere1122
    emailmehere1122 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you're HAVING to eat pizza every night I just want to say I'm so jealous... you're living my dream!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    Is there some reason you can't bring your own food instead? Not everyone eats pizza on every opportunity.

Why, some people don't eat pizza at all.
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have 2 eggs or a protein shake made with almond milk for breakfast. For lunch, a turkey and cheese sandwich, skip the mayo and get bread that is no more than 75 Cals a slice.