WEEKEND motivation!!!!

Options
jaymie_x0
jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
So currently I am down 40 lbs, I don't plan to lose anymore. Currently am maintaining and eating in a small surplus to hopefully build a little muscle...sdpwf0s2yv8q.jpg
bshihgntw6y8.jpg

I'm 6 feet and was 180 (not my highest weight, 205 was) and currently am 137.

It took me a year, I decided it was s lifestyle change and I was just going to focus on me being healthy and active and knew the results would come in time. I lifted weights and did sprints 3 days a week and kept my NEAT UP outside of the gym. (google that If you don't know)

Replies

• neilgib28
    neilgib28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort, you look awesome!! :*:*
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! :heart:
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Good going, you've done brilliantly :smile:
  • kellieinkc
    kellieinkc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I googled it, and it's about liquor?
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Awesome job... you look great!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You look great....well done! :)

kellieinkc wrote: »
    I googled it, and it's about liquor?
    Lol. it is in my case ;)

Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT).

Abstract
    Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) is the energy expended for everything we do that is not sleeping, eating or sports-like exercise. It ranges from the energy expended walking to work, typing, performing yard work, undertaking agricultural tasks and fidgeting. Even trivial physical activities increase metabolic rate substantially and it is the cumulative impact of a multitude of exothermic actions that culminate in an individual's daily NEAT. It is, therefore, not surprising that NEAT explains a vast majority of an individual's non-resting energy needs. Epidemiological studies highlight the importance of culture in promoting and quashing NEAT. Agricultural and manual workers have high NEAT, whereas wealth and industrialization appear to decrease NEAT. Physiological studies demonstrate, intriguingly, that NEAT is modulated with changes in energy balance; NEAT increases with overfeeding and decreases with underfeeding. Thus, NEAT could be a critical component in how we maintain our body weight and/or develop obesity or lose weight. The mechanism that regulates NEAT is unknown. However, hypothalamic factors have been identified that specifically and directly increase NEAT in animals. By understanding how NEAT is regulated we may come to appreciate that spontaneous physical activity is not spontaneous at all but carefully programmed.
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Can I ask what your calorie limit was while losing? Thanks!
  • jaymie_x0
    Options
    You look amazing! Can I ask what your calorie limit was while losing? Thanks!

1800 calories
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    jaymie_x0 wrote: »
    So currently I am down 40 lbs, I don't plan to lose anymore. Currently am maintaining and eating in a small surplus to hopefully build a little muscle...sdpwf0s2yv8q.jpg
    bshihgntw6y8.jpg

It took me a year, I decided it was s lifestyle change and I was just going to focus on me being healthy and active and knew the results would come in time. I lifted weights and did sprints 3 days a week and kept my NEAT UP outside of the gym. (google that If you don't know)

What I love about this is that you're 6'0" because I am as well. My heaviest was about 195 and I'm sitting close to 165-170 at the moment. I'm feeling really good at this weight but plan to go to about 155-160. Way to go girly.
  • jaymie_x0
    Options
    bshihgntw6y8.jpg

What I love about this is that you're 6'0" because I am as well. My heaviest was about 195 and I'm sitting close to 165-170 at the moment. I'm feeling really good at this weight but plan to go to about 155-160. Way to go girly.

That's awesome!! Congrats! My "goal weight" was 165 but then I just kept going and realizing that it's not about the weight, it's the body composition that I was really after, so once I hit 140, I was happy with what I saw, not because of the number!

• need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    bshihgntw6y8.jpg

That's awesome!! Congrats! My "goal weight" was 165 but then I just kept going and realizing that it's not about the weight, it's the body composition that I was really after, so once I hit 140, I was happy with what I saw, not because of the number!

That's how I've been feeling lately too. My weight has stabilized for the time being but I see my measurements decreasing which is what I'm really aiming for anyways. My hips are much wider than yours though so I don't see 140 in my future but you never know. What was the last to go for you? My legs have finally caught up with my waist and upper body. It took 7 months and I am finally seeing some shape in them.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I know I tell you this every time you post, but you have the best legs ever! Incredible job. And have a fun weekend!
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a great transformation!! Great hard work! Thank you for including the time line, that’s beneficial to me because it helps me know that time is your friend. Good things come to those who wait!..
  • jaymie_x0
    Options
    bshihgntw6y8.jpg

That's how I've been feeling lately too. My weight has stabilized for the time being but I see my measurements decreasing which is what I'm really aiming for anyways. My hips are much wider than yours though so I don't see 140 in my future but you never know. What was the last to go for you? My legs have finally caught up with my waist and upper body. It took 7 months and I am finally seeing some shape in them.

For me I first lost a lot in my waist and upper body, and then my hips and thighs came next, but I still hold a little fat in my stomach and thighs that kind of bug me but not enough to try and lose more, so I'm focusing on building muscle and then will cut again and hope that the muscle will fill those fattier areas left :)

It takes a couple cycles!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!