The Diamond Challenge: Week 3 (Little Diamonds)

Options

Replies

• barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good morning diamonds!

Congratulations to all of you for the great losses! We are doing a good job!
    Monday Question of the Day - how did you set your goals? Is it based on weight, BMI, feeling healthy, body fat %, etc?? Or was it to get down to a previous weight or clothing size? Is it the final goal, or will you decide for sure once you get there?

I based my goal weight on my current weight! I'm losing very slowly, but sooner or later I'll reach it.
    QOTD Tuesday: What is your favorite meal? By this I mean the meal that you most look/looked forward to, without regards to calories. Now, can you make it MFP-worthy?

My favorite food is a special kind of a meat loaf.You start by putting a layer of zucchini into a casserolle, next layer are tomatos, followed by a layer of onion rings. Then you add a layer of minced meat flavour with salt, pepper and herbs. Now you add layers of onions, tomatos and zucchini again and top it with a mixture of eggs, grated cheese and sour cream. You have to put it into the oven for about 60 to 90 minutes! I serve it with fresh salad and potatos! This is my favorite "summer" food!

Looking forward to hear about all your favorite meals!

Have a good week everyone!
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options
    Posting a little early...

QOTD Tuesday: What is your favorite meal? By this I mean the meal that you most look/looked forward to, without regards to calories. Now, can you make it MFP-worthy?

I have different favorite meals. One of them is my breakfast meal of two eggs fried, two bacon, hash browns, toast, and pancakes from either IHOP or Denny's. Or I make it at home. Another is Thanksgiving dinner, which consists of Ham, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Yams, Corn Bread Stuffing, Cream Corn, Jellied Cranberry Sauce, Hawaiian Sweet Rolls with Honey Butter, Pumpkin Pie with Cool Whip, and Pecan Pie ala mode. I eat small portions, along with using low fat or non fat ingredients if I can.
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Oooh, I have a lot of favourite meals. But I'd have to say top of the list is anything including salmon. I try and make it healthy by having it grilled, without sauces, and with veggies :) I love my mum's homemade meals too, and as a nurse she tends to make them pretty healthy.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Monday Question of the Day - how did you set your goals? Is it based on weight, BMI, feeling healthy, body fat %, etc?? Or was it to get down to a previous weight or clothing size? Is it the final goal, or will you decide for sure once you get there?

I just thought about to when I felt the best about myself and my body shape to get to my initial goal weight. It was 130 but as I have gotten close to that number I have been thinking that it should be more like 125 lbs. So it has changed only once. I doubt that I would want to be any smaller than 125... But we will see.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options

I would have to say lasagna (absolutely LOVE :love: my momma's), which is something I don't get at all anymore :sad:..partly because i'm married/don't live with my momma anymore and partly because my husband hates pasta so I don't make it for just me
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Thank you Elle for the QOTD:
    If there is a new thread already - I apologize....just got home from camping :)

• Latoyamary
    Options
    I love Chicken Nachos. I can make them healthier by using the Biggest Loser receipe. So good.
  • LoraEllen
    Options

Fettucine Alfredo from Maggiano's (It's an amazing Italian restaurant)

Found a recipe for Broccoli Chicken Alfredo that is definitely much better for me. The great thing is as I establish better habits and continue to have control over what I eat.......when I go to Maggiano's I can still have that Fettucini Alfredo but only a spoonful instead of a plateful!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Most definitely any kind of pasta and meatballs , absolute favorite and to make it mfp I use wole grain pasta instead of the regular kind and make my own gravy ( sauce for all you none italians :laugh: ) Then I use ground turkey instead of beef for the meatballs cook it in a crockpot and it is soooo good.
  • Latoyamary
    Options

I set my goal based on weight and feeling healthy. My final goal is 170, but, according to BMI I should be much lower. I was much smaller than before and I didn't look right at all...
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

My family is from the South, so I'm definitely a fried chicken, collard greens, baked mac and cheese type of girl! Nowadays I opt for the baked chicken but still get the mac and cheese... I consider it a compromise! Lol!

4096494903_da8a9b2d92.jpg
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love Chicken Nachos. I can make them healthier by using the Biggest Loser receipe. So good.

Chicken Nachos? never had that before! What's it?
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I love pasta - any kind, especially with a creamy sauce....I now try to add veggies to it, like onions, mushrooms, broccoli, etc. Also, light cream cheese is a really good tossed with pasta and veggies. I also often take a 250 cal meal of mac and cheese to work for lunch quite often (having it today actually). My other favourite would be meatballs - either sweet and sour or with gravy....I often use turkey meatballs now and make my own sauce for them - using splenda brown sugar - works out not too bad...
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

Hmmm, tough one, I think it would have to be chicken faijitas with salad and lots of advocado.... pretty healthy if you skip the chesse and add lots of peppers, mushrooms and garlic to make up for the lack of cheese!! I would probably only have one now as the wrap costs too many calories. I could make them with wholemeal tortillas but on the whole am lazy and buy a dinner kit which includes the wraps (Old El Paso). Gosh this is making me really hungry!!!!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Definitely cheese enchiladas! I miss it so much! Cheese enchiladas, refried beans, rice, a puffy taco, and guacamole - we're talkin' heaven here. I am not much of a cook, and I think I wouldn't be a fan of a healthier version of my plate. I'm a south Texas girl, where we get Mexican food right! I have chicken fajita tacos now when I go to Mexican food restaurants. I would rather just save up and some time allow myself to have the real deal. Not sure when that will be, but I am okay waiting.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If there is a new thread already - I apologize....just got home from camping :)

I've set my goal based on a previous weight.... sort of. Though I struggled with my weight as a kid and teenager, there was a time (end of HS, through college) where I'd gotten down to 120-125 pounds. I still wasn't thrilled. Problem was, I wasn't very toned so I still felt like there was no way I could wear a bikini or tank tops. My goal is to first get to 135 pounds and see how I feel and how my clothes look. I'll reasses at that point. I'd rather be toned and fit at 135 then feel how I did at 125 pounds before. Since I'm doing p90x, I am less concerned with the number on the scale, and more focused on measurements and clothes. :smile:

Here's to another great week, everyone! :drinker: (water in those cups :wink: )
    :flowerforyou:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Hmm, this one IS tough. :laugh: My favorite meal is raspberry chicken with red bliss potatoes and broccoli. As long as I hold the butter and don't overdo the potatoes, this is pretty MFP wothy as it is. Now, during the summer and being a New Englander, I always crave fish and chips and clam chowder. I haven't had this in soooo long! I suppose I could bake the fish rather than fry it and replace the fries with baked sweet potato fries. I don't know.... just doesn't seem as good. :laugh: I agree with Kimi: I'd rather save up for the real thing when it comes to this one. :smile:
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

For me, the meals haven't really been an issue. It's more about the desserts. I love desserts - peanut butter cup pie, french silk pie, Godiva chocolate cheesecake, chocolate mousse, cake. For the most part, these aren't things I have very often to begin with. Now if I do, I always share with someone so that I'm only having a few bites. If I am in charge of dessert for family gatherings (as I often am), I now make chocolate angel food cake or diet soda cake (lemon and cherry chip cake mixes are my favorite) and serve it with lite Cool Whip and fresh strawberries
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

For me, the meals haven't really been an issue. It's more about the desserts. I love desserts - peanut butter cup pie, french silk pie, Godiva chocolate cheesecake, chocolate mousse, cake. For the most part, these aren't things I have very often to begin with. Now if I do, I always share with someone so that I'm only having a few bites. If I am in charge of dessert for family gatherings (as I often am), I now make chocolate angel food cake or diet soda cake (lemon and cherry chip cake mixes are my favorite) and serve it with lite Cool Whip and fresh strawberries
    How do you make chocolate angel food cake? Just add cocoa powder? Also, tell us about the diet soda cake - just add one can to any cake mix?
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: What is your favorite meal? By this I mean the meal that you most look/looked forward to, without regards to calories. Now, can you make it MFP worthy?

My favorite meal is chicken and potatoes. They're not unhealthy! I just grill my chicken, and with potatoes I skip all the butter and sour cream. I have to watching the portions (and load up on veggies!)