PCOS - Battling a Syndrome

Options
Natattack___
Natattack___ Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2017 in Getting Started
Before the age of 10, I battled with being overweight, having hair where women “shouldn’t have it”, being sweaty mess, and never being able to lose weight. Until I was 15, and was diagnosed with PCOS. I went to countless amounts amounts of doctors, went through countless amounts of diets, and even worked out on daily basis. Yet, nothing happened.

For those of you who know what it is, I’m sure you all know how crappy it is and how difficult it is to be happy while having it. I want to make this community a great support group for women of all ages, battling on a daily basis with PCOS.

I want us to be able to talk about anything that is beneficial! Diets, exercise plans, etc. and I want to talk about that sad parts of your days.

So, who’s with me ? Let’s kick some PCOS *kitten*!!

Join my group with the same name as the title of this discussion.

Replies

• stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS as of yet but I'm pretty sure I have it. I came off the pill a few months ago and now I'm back to having irregular periods and have noticed I've grown more facial hair than I would usually have, so I'm thinking about going back to see a doctor about it. My previous doctor thought it might be a case of PCOS but I had an ultrasound and nothing came up, but I've since read that not everyone with it will have cysts.

I've also dealt with pretty bad acne since I was about 11 or 12, and put weight on really easily. I've read that one of the best things for it is to lose weight, so I'm interested to read about how other people have dealt with it and what they do to lose weight. :)
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I had a real close friend growing up and his older sister has pcos and she was just a miserable depressed wreck....we were constantly fighting someone for making fun of her kids can be so cruel....i watched her doing different diets to different medications and exercise routines and so forth....even tried committing suicide over it....i think a support group for women who deal with it is a phenomenal idea
  • Natattack___
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @jcstevens86 Thank you! I know that it’s very rough considering nothing you do is good enough. It’s sad really. I’m sorry to hear that she had such a hard time, I know that my time understanding it, and living with it has been... unpleasant to say the least. BUT, life is a beautiful thing, with amazing moments - which should be fought for.

Is she alright now? Or is it still effecting her that way?
  • Natattack___
    Options
    @stephieleee definitely get yourself diagnosed, because that’s when they can really (try to) help you in anyway they can.

The first step is getting a great OBGYN!

I hate that we always have to be on a diet and working out for it. Do you know if your mom has it? I heard that it’s hereditary... cause in my case it is. My family has a long long of it being on my moms side.
    And, not all cases are the same, and I’ve noticed that it’s not as rare as we think it is. In my group of friends there are three of us, I have the weigh, hair issue, acne, cysts and irregular period; where as the other two have atrocious period cycles and can be in pain for more than a week or two.