Introduction & Trim Healthy Mama

Options
I'm not sure if many people on here have done trim healthy mama, or are doing the meal plan, but it'd be great if I could get some friends whom do it.

My name's Jerrianne and I'm from a little town called Lafayette.. I turned 18 in June and started my first semester at TTU (Tennessee Tech) in the fall of 2016. I currently still live with my family (mom, dad, 13 yr old sister) and work at a small nursing home here in town on the days I don't have full of classes. I have had a lot of trial and error diets, as in counting calories and such.. I felt so restricted and that caused me to end them after about a month or so with big binges. Because of those restrictive diets, I've found myself gagging at the sight and smell of cauliflower and salads, which is horrible, I know... But I ate that for so long, that my brain has processed those meals with the horrible feelings I had with those diets.. I have dealt with being a heavy set girl for my entire life, and I am honestly so sick of it. I don't have any health risks, but I want to become healthier so that it doesn't get that deep.

Anyway, I love the idea of Trim Healthy Mama because it doesn't tell me to restrict myself from eating the things I want to eat (Because they usually have delicious HEALTHY recipes of what I want.) It also means I don't have to count calories, and I love starting out my mornings with a fuel pull shake/smoothie. Some recipes are definitely trial and error, but I'm happy to be on a meal plan that doesn't make me feel as if I am starving myself. So far I have lost 5 pounds over the course of two weeks..

Feel free to add me and talk to me about y'alls experiences and even some questions about THM if you'd like! Thank you for reading!

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,860 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal! Wishing you the best of luck with all of your health and fitness goals.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! How do you plan to incorporate THM with MFP? My understanding of THM is that you don't count, you just don't combine fat with carbs. You can add me as a friend. I don't follow THM, but, as a diabetic, I do eat quite a few meals that are THM friendly.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I found THM to be very prohibitive and time consuming. I also didn't like that it counts heavily on artificial sweeteners. I have lots and lots of lady friends that have done, and are doing, THM. They've had good success with losing weight with it. The second they go back to eating without worry about food combining, etc. they gain it back. Honestly, it's a whole lot easier to eat what I want within my calorie range and track on MFP then to jump through the hoops of THM. If you can sustain it, then great. I just know that it's VERY hard to sustain long term and I wouldn't want to. MFP has no restrictions on what you can eat so you shouldn't feel deprived. If THM works for you, great. I just personally could not do it and sustain it.
  • SBlosein
    SBlosein Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love THM! How's it been going for you? I had some health setbacks and am restarting my weight loss.
  • ohhsoskinny
    ohhsoskinny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new to THM? Any advice? It's kinda confusing starting out but I've heard such great things about it
  • JoniCh2
    JoniCh2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Trim Healthy Mama's! I have been reading and following the sisters for about 6 months. I feel like I finally have a grip on this food freedom mindset and have lost 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks (including the week of Thanksgiving!). I need to track this so I have come back to myfitnesspal. Feel free to add me for support!
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This thread is a little old but I've used thm on and off for years. My family lives their recipes! Feel free to friend me!
  • aryane001
    aryane001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been toying with THM for a while and I am now ready to seriously start it. If their is a group or anything I would love the encouragement! please feel free to friend me
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about it, but congrats for doing something to better your life! That is awesome:)