Isagenix - My Journey

Options

Replies

• CandiMac
    CandiMac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It may indeed be a scam, and if so, I think you are giving a good warning. But OP seems sincere and has been polite in the face of hostility. That I admire. A polite post wishing her well and asking her if she has considered x,y,z and ending with why in your opinion her diet is likely to fail, and also including a scam warning would be one thing. But many posts went far beyond that.

I don’t care for meal replacement diets myself. I have seen such a diet work for one (singular) acquaintance, however, so I withhold judgment. [/quote]

THANK YOU @ryenday and to @dbanks80 for your supportive words :) In this type of forum, and specifically anything to do with health and fitness, there is a never ending list of gimmicks and programs and contradicting facts. It's natural for people to have opinions and I'm good with that, but I agree with you, there are nicer ways you can get the same message across. Which are probably more effective in the end!
  • kazz882
    kazz882 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    kazz882 wrote: »
    Wow, quite disappointed in a lot of these posts, we are all on a journey and all have different reasons, problems etc about how we came to the decision to lose weight. I personally don’t use or want to use any other method rather than eating less and moving more but I would never judge someone for their choices, live and let live! Well done on your weight loss, you are doing a fantastic job.

It's $400 A MONTH for low quality mlm products.

So if you read someone was starving themselves you wouldn't say anything??? It's not healthy or sustainable so of course we should say otherwise it makes us complicit.

Did she say anything about starving herself? Nope, or that it was costing too much? No, I don’t actually think she asked for advice at all, could be wrong though and not arguing the toss, her choices not yours.
  • czymom123
    czymom123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @CandiMac

How's it going? Hope all is well.
  • BcMuscles
    BcMuscles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!! :)
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    CandiMac wrote: »
    It may indeed be a scam, and if so, I think you are giving a good warning. But OP seems sincere and has been polite in the face of hostility. That I admire. A polite post wishing her well and asking her if she has considered x,y,z and ending with why in your opinion her diet is likely to fail, and also including a scam warning would be one thing. But many posts went far beyond that.

I don’t care for meal replacement diets myself. I have seen such a diet work for one (singular) acquaintance, however, so I withhold judgment.

THANK YOU @ryenday and to @dbanks80 for your supportive words :) In this type of forum, and specifically anything to do with health and fitness, there is a never ending list of gimmicks and programs and contradicting facts. It's natural for people to have opinions and I'm good with that, but I agree with you, there are nicer ways you can get the same message across. Which are probably more effective in the end![/quote]

I don’t care for meal replacement diets myself. I have seen such a diet work for one (singular) acquaintance, however, so I withhold judgment.

THANK YOU @ryenday and to @dbanks80 for your supportive words :) In this type of forum, and specifically anything to do with health and fitness, there is a never ending list of gimmicks and programs and contradicting facts. It's natural for people to have opinions and I'm good with that, but I agree with you, there are nicer ways you can get the same message across. Which are probably more effective in the end![/quote]

I completely support you and I am doing Isagenix myself. I have tried every kind of method and that is what works best for me. Feel free to add me as a friend for support. Many people on MFP will criticize your methods because they think there is a one size fits all method to fitness which is certainly not the case. Keep doing what works best for you and forget about those naysayers!!
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I started Isa in July & love it! I'm getting the nutrition & minerals that I lack.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I completely support you and I am doing Isagenix myself. I have tried every kind of method and that is what works best for me. Feel free to add me as a friend for support. Many people on MFP will criticize your methods because they think there is a one size fits all method to fitness which is certainly not the case. Keep doing what works best for you and forget about those naysayers!!

There's a one size fits all to weight loss. Calorie deficit. No need to spend money on expensive woo to get there. Just eat less of the foods you enjoy.