"Well at least you're tall..."

I've heard that for the last several years! I'm 5'11, 'former' athlete and currently overweight. I'm joining this site because my cousin joined several months ago and has nothing but great things to say about it and the community of people here.

Last year, when I turned 30, my metabolism went to crap and anything I could eat or thought about eating went straight to the bottom line. So... I'm trying to get back into fighting form... I love working out, so my biggest challenge is the nutrition... although- I know what I need to do- I just gotta do it!

SO- I'm hoping to track my progress continuously and not let a bad meal or day sabotage my entire plan.

As a friend told me- "How do you eat an elephant?" "Take small bites"... I'm going to use a series of little goals to start chipping away at this elephant residing on my shoulders and get my sexy back!

Janelle

Replies

• ashcroft37
    ashcroft37 Posts: 17 Member
    Welcome, Good luck
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Do a search for the title below. Great forum for us tall women! :happy:

Totally Tall" Women of MFP (5'9" and up) Open Group
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Good for you!
  • good luck :happy:
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Hey Janelle,

For some really great nutrition information that's bang on, check out the Articles at www.precisionnutrition.com and www.johnberardi.com.

I was referred to him by my own coach (Trainer of NHL players and other professional athletes) and she has seen him speak several times with rave recommendations.

All the best to you!
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks for the Tall info and the nutrition info! My People, My People! :smile: