Please Help HRM Problem.

Options
So I just bought a HRM. It was just an inexpensive one ( walk run collection). Here is the problem, it doesn't track calories unless my arms are moving and I ride my recumbent bike alot so my arms aren't moving all the time. Can anyone tell me if there is an inexpensive HRM out there that will track my calorie when I am on the bike and also doing other things.
Thank you for your help,
Jennifer

Replies

• jenniferjames
    Options
    So I just bought a HRM. It was just an inexpensive one ( walk run collection). Here is the problem, it doesn't track calories unless my arms are moving and I ride my recumbent bike alot so my arms aren't moving all the time. Can anyone tell me if there is an inexpensive HRM out there that will track my calorie when I am on the bike and also doing other things.
    Thank you for your help,
    Jennifer
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to spend.? Ever check ebay? I have 2 kinds that are pretty good. I love my Polar one!!!:smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Just got a Polar F6 from Amazon for $110 - that was with 2 day shipping. I think it was $94 used it today for the first time.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F6!! A new one will run you about $109 or like hotmom said there's always Ebay!! I think that it's worth every penny!! It is tax return season.. I say treat yourself!! :wink: But, that's just my opninion!!!
  • jenniferjames
    Options
    It was only $50.00. Yes I have looked on ebay but don't know what to buy and with ebay you can't return them :( Are all on them like this that you have to be moving your arms to count calories?
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The Polar F6 has a chest strap which monitors your heart rate directly, no need to be moving your arms. It sounds like the one you got is only for walking/running.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F6!! A new one will run you about $109 or like hotmom said there's always Ebay!! I think that it's worth every penny!! It is tax return season.. I say treat yourself!! :wink: But, that's just my opninion!!!

I just got mine today! The Polar F6 was on sale for $99.95 and free shipping. http://www.polardiscount.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=140 I got the pink one and got it in 2 days!

(it's a Valentine's present from my dh, isn't he thoughtful?? :smooched: )
  • hmo4
    Options
    You could be sitting on the potty reading. Sanifrey and I have the same Polar. It was a bit more of an expensive one, but it is awesome. Ebay ones where you can bid, but are stores will return if needed. The one I bought, I thought I was having probs with it. So I emailed the guy who sold it to me, he gave me some advice and said he'd return and give me a new one. Course it was just me and it is fine, so all is good and even with shipping I got it cheaper than I could have bought it here for.:glasses:
  • jenniferjames
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. My husband just said stop thinking about and just order one so I guess that is what I am going to do right now and take this other piece of junk back lol.
    Thank you all again.
    Jennifer
  • hmo4
    Options
    Guaranteed you won't regret it. You'll be suprised how many calories you are burning according to your personal settings.:wink:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. My husband just said stop thinking about and just order one so I guess that is what I am going to do right now and take this other piece of junk back lol.
    Thank you all again.
    Jennifer

Yeah! You have a good hubby too! :bigsmile: I am sitting here reading my instruction manual, he said I could have mine early. :heart:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar F6 tonight and am trying to figure the thing out, i hope to have it figured out so i can use it in the morning when i hop on the treadmill. Anyone that has one, have you found that it is way off from your treadmill and if so by how much?
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't have a treadmill, but it seems my elliptical was overestimating my calories by 50%
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    thanks!!! i don't like the sounds of that though...lol