odd question but hazard a quess

Options
How much do you think my half leg plaster cast weighs. Old fashioned plaster of paris style (waiting for a lighter one) It feels as if it weighs a ton but realsitically ...what do you think. I'm just trying hard not to put on weight with my very limited mobility

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Who knows? Just weigh yourself and when it comes off, weigh yourself again.

I mean, obviously no matter how much it weighs, it isn't going to change. Your body weight will change, so if there is a change...Bingo!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    You can just weigh yourself with it on and if the numbers go down while you got that cast on, you're losing weight.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can keep weight off by eating a little less to compensate for a lower calorie burn. Get well soon!
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know that I can monitor the loss but I just wanted to see what the result of a couple of weeks of non-activity were ....when you are sitting about with your leg in the air you think these odd things! I was 61.8 kg pre-accident and am now 65kg ... don't think it's all plaster!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Measure one leg and then the other to compare them.
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

haha how ? chop them off and weigh them..:o

• ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    rosnz wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

haha how ? chop them off and weigh them..:o

LOL genuinely, sitting next to the scale with one leg and then the other might give you a good approximation, if you really want an answer.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what the cast ways. As long as you're eating within your calorie limit you're not going to lose weight. Plus I don't want to be tough with you but don't worry about the damn weight. It's obvious you have to have an injury and your body has to heal itself
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    2.5 kg.