Greek Yogurt

Options
teachmph
teachmph Posts: 8 Member
Hi All,

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've tried the plain fat free/low fat greek yogurts and have not enjoyed them until recently. A friend of mine shared that she found a website that suggested adding Fat Free, sugar free, Jell-O pudding to the plain greek yogurt. She suggested Cheesecake flavor. Well....let me tell you this...I tried it the other day. Added about 2 tbls of the sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding mix into the plain yogurt and IT DOES taste like cheesecake. I felt like I was in heaven. I added some fresh strawberries and had myself some "strawberry cheesecake". This has helped me get my protein in and it is delicious!

Hope you'll try it and let me know what you think.

:)

9829937.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I like to add honey and cinnamon to mine. Thanks for this suggestion though,might give it a try.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i do that all the time!! sooo good! i also add the pudding mix to fat free ricotta cheese
  • butterflywings77
    Options
    An interesting idea thats for sure. I think i'll try it?? I know I had the regular greek yogurt and about spit it out! lol
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I looooooove greek yogurt. Fage is the best in my opinion. I get the Fage 0% and usually mix in some honey. I've never tried mixing in some pudding mix. Thanks for the idea! I know what's on my grocery list today. haha!
  • teachmph
    Options
    I haven't tried any other flavors. She said the pistachio is good to add as well....but I am not a pistachio fan.

9829937.png
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    I love Chobani brand greek yogurt. They have all kinds of flavors and it's delicious.
  • Ladymomo9
    Ladymomo9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Greek yogurt!! It makes me want to go to Greece!

Great protein and I love the consistency way more than regular yogurt!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i add splenda to my chobani....it is much better...and not so tart
  • syreetahasting
    Options
    Do u make up the sugar free cheesecake jello then add 2 tblsp to the greek yogurt or do u add the jello powder?
  • teachmph
    Options
    I like the Fage as well. It has more protein that the other. Also, the ones that are flavored with fruit are very high in sugar, which I am trying to stay away from. So adding the sugar free jello pudding gives it flavor without the sugar.

Enjoy!

9829937.png
  • sarah829522
    Options
    I looooooove greek yogurt. Fage is the best in my opinion. I get the Fage 0% and usually mix in some honey. I've never tried mixing in some pudding mix. Thanks for the idea! I know what's on my grocery list today. haha!

I love Fage Total 0% as well. Haven't tried mixing in anything other than honey or splenda. I'll have to try SF/FF pudding. Wonder if you could freeze it too.
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that sounds so yummy!!!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani brand greek yogurt. They have all kinds of flavors and it's delicious.

+1

I only add some honey to the plain, all the other flavors I like. I eat about 6-7 a week.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to do that. Just buy one that's vanilla flavored or add your own fruit & honey. No need to put processed food into something that's good for you!
  • teachmph
    Options
    Just mix the powder into the yogurt. Don't make it and then add it...just add the powder. You'll see that the yogurt gets a little thicker but it tastes REALLY good.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Gosh, that sounds yummy! Never, ever tried Greek yogart. Now I'm gunna! :-)
    Thanks for the tip.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% with sliced strawberries and 1 Tablespoon special k granola. Now I am going to get the pudding to try b/c I also do not like it plain.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Greek yogurt. I usually just add some honey and vanilla to it. Sometimes a few blueberries. Never tried the pudding, will have to do that.

Also, we use the plain non fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream in pretty much any recipe that calls for it. First time we used it on Taco Salad and I asked my husband what he thought after he finished eating and he said he didn't even realize it wasn't sour cream!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat greek yogurt because I'm usually over on protein, but why not just buy it already flavored artificially sweetened?
  • Kinross6
    Options
    I like to use the fat-free greek yogurt (I think Chopani is best-tasting) to make a smoothie for my breakfast. Put one cup of milk (skim or 1-2%) into a blender, add 1 tsp of vanilla, one packet of sugar substitute, the yogurt (I use peach or pineapple flavor) and one cup of frozen fruit. Blend it up and pour into a tall glass for a quick and delicious meal substitute. It's about 300 calories and 23 grams of protein, so it really takes the edge of your hunger.