Feeling terrible after a WorkOut

JenniferLynWhat
JenniferLynWhat Posts: 80
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
I've decided to step up my workout for August. Before the last 2 days I was burning maybe 300 calories on a good day. Then on the last day of July I did 500 and yesterday I did 677...the problem is, I'm not feeling well. Yesterday I did 20minutes with a brandnew kettlebell..I did a mile in 13min55sec and then walked another half mile, I took a little break, and then I did 30DS. I took a cold shower and less than an hour later I was feeling nausious and light headed. I kept getting chills. I took a hot bath but it didn't go away. I finally fell asleep, just to wake up again at 3am to go to the bathroom and I was still feeling sick. I woke up again at 8:30 feeling a little better, but the longer I'm up, the worse I feel.

I figured it was dehydration or electrolytes or something, so I've forced myself to eat and drink..and I haven't gotten physically sick but...it's been over 12 hours since my work out..I'd like to feel better again

Replies

• DId you get enough calories in with the extra workout?
  • I just started working out with Kettlebells using the Kettleworx system in June. There are 4 of us in the family doing the workout---the first time we all did it, we all felt the same way you are feeling. My daughter experiences the chills after working out if she skips too many days in between---almost like she's starting over. I have no idea what causes this--it's good to hear feedback from others experiencing the same type of symptoms. I just thought we were a bunch of wimps!!
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Sometimes you just gotta listen to your body. If you're sick, you're sick and probably need to take it easy.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 741 Member
    Check your blood sugar, sounds like you dropped to low.
This discussion has been closed.