First tangible results

Options
At the end of June 2011 I looked like what you see in that picture to the left. I was not happy so starting July 1 I've made some significant lifestyle and dietary changes. My goal is that by our youth state championships in September/October that I'll be noticably more athletic looking. I figured shedding around 25 lbs or so would be a good target. Well you can see below the progress I've made so far weight wise, but this week gave me my first real tangible evidence that I'm making progress.

For christmas I received a pair of dockers from my parents as a gift. They were my correct size however when I tried them on they didn't fit (maybe cut a little smaller than normal, I don't know). Well I forgot to return them so I've been stuck with a pair of pants I was too fat to fit into. Yesterday I was able to wear them to work for the first time. Not only do they fit, but they're actually a little loose. I've got a lot of work to go, my abs are not nearly as flat as I want them to be, but it's a great feeling to get confirmation that my efforts are really paying off.

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, it's a better indication than the scale.

Same with me, I had a few pairs of pants that are loose now as well.

Good job.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.....I remain patient for my tangibles - it will come!
  • ngilliam1
    Options
    That is awesome!! Take it from a girl...go by pants size, not the scale!!
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    poor quality control sucks but that makes for great NSVs!
  • joyrobles57
    Options
    congrats keep up the good work you will be there in no time
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!