Having a hard time!

Options
Hey everyone,

I need to come here and confess! I have given up and it is showing on the scale. Back in Oct and Nov, I really started using MFP and dropped about 15 pounds in that time.

Then something changed and I just stopped losing. Part holidays, part financial stress, and probably a big part because I was nearing going past the thinnest I can remember being.

Slowly, the pounds have been creeping back on and I am getting close to getting back into the 220s. I have been arguing with myself to try and get back to what I know works. I am losing this argument. I get back on track for one or two days and then I binge again. I started asking myself if counting calories is good for me. It was a few months ago, but now it seems to lead to binges. So I gave up, and guess what? I have spent days overeating.

I could give up and stop caring. I would probably maintain my weight then and avoid binges. I would not lose though and I am honestly still so angry at myself and my body.

I called and made an appointment with a therapist that specializes in eatting disorders, but I will have to wait until next saturday to go meet her. I say I am done with being fat and unhappy, but it the end all roads lead back to food.

I'm feeling kind of desperate at this point and doomed to a life of obesity. Any ideas on how to break the cycle are welcome!

:cry:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I need to come here and confess! I have given up and it is showing on the scale. Back in Oct and Nov, I really started using MFP and dropped about 15 pounds in that time.

Then something changed and I just stopped losing. Part holidays, part financial stress, and probably a big part because I was nearing going past the thinnest I can remember being.

Slowly, the pounds have been creeping back on and I am getting close to getting back into the 220s. I have been arguing with myself to try and get back to what I know works. I am losing this argument. I get back on track for one or two days and then I binge again. I started asking myself if counting calories is good for me. It was a few months ago, but now it seems to lead to binges. So I gave up, and guess what? I have spent days overeating.

I could give up and stop caring. I would probably maintain my weight then and avoid binges. I would not lose though and I am honestly still so angry at myself and my body.

I called and made an appointment with a therapist that specializes in eatting disorders, but I will have to wait until next saturday to go meet her. I say I am done with being fat and unhappy, but it the end all roads lead back to food.

I'm feeling kind of desperate at this point and doomed to a life of obesity. Any ideas on how to break the cycle are welcome!

:cry:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    We're all in a struggle of some sort-big, small, in shape, out of shape... I really want to pig out right now too. Stay with us, read the motivation topics and start a challenge. Have you learned a lot about clean eating and fitness?:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    I've found that if you don't count your calories, you subject yourself to A LOT MORE FOOD than you think your taking in! MY opinion is to re-arrange your macros. For instance when I hit plateau's I run 20% fats - 30% carbs - 50% proteins for 4 weeks. I change it up every month. I just finished that macro and I am now back to 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fats) and next month I will switch it up to 60% carbs - 20/20 fats/proteins for 2 weeks. This just helps break down the barriers your body will set up. It helps me AND it also allows me MUCH more pleasure in not getting bored with my diet! It offers more leeway!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Start it all just like a new day...even if you gain back most of what you lost at least your still here and trying. Get that motivation back ..hop on the scale ..fix your tickers, and start tomorrow as a new day..just like you did way back on oct & nov....you can do it....