Anyone have to deal with negative people?

Options
Just wondering if anyone else on here has had to contend with negativity regarding current weight loss efforts. My OH is following the same reduced carb diet as myself, but his weight loss is more noticeable, and he's attracting mostly positive comments - except for one person who declared he had "lost the weight too fast". Bearing in mind this person hadn't seen him in almost 3 months (he's lost about two stone), it sounded like a put down.

As for myself, I was talking to a colleague yesterday about my weight loss journey. I've lost 2 stone (27 lbs approx), and told her that I had another 2 stone to go before I reach my target weight - my 18-year-old weight.

When I was a teen, I weighed 9.5 stone, was slim and in robust health. No reason why I shouldn't try to get back to anything between 9.5 and 10 stone (for my height).

The colleague turned round and said (rather bitchily): "That's a bit optimistic, don't you think?"

Devastated.

Feel so flat and down about it today :neutral:

Don't know why she had to be so negative. Is she jealous? She also said she couldn't see my current 2 stone weight loss anywhere on me :(

What have your experiences been? Positive support? or jealousy or negative sniping?

Replies

• jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a grade A b1tch...why you letting anything she says get to you? She pay your bills? Did she change your diapers when you were a baby? Will she be at your bed side if you get cancer? Then what does it matter what she says?
  • wonderland01
    wonderland01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard not to listen to people like that. You put in a lot of time and dedication into your weight loss, so to hear that, especially if it's unexpected from that person, can really do a number on you. There will be other comments from people that are either jealous or know that what you are doing is something they could never do.

Don't let it get to you, they don't know your journey or your heart, and how dedicated you are to reaching your goal. Let those comments motivate you to keep working and make them eat their words!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's your height?

I am not overweight but I am pretty sure I could never get back to the weight I was at age 18... or want to TBH.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad when women go out of their way to attack/be negative towards other women. Real women don't do that. They're dignified and supportive and like to empower ... anyone who isn't doing that isn't worth your worry. You carry on, I'm sure you'll get where you want to be if you're committed. Don't let anyone tell you any different.