Hi! New to site and am excited about this!

Options
LRA11
LRA11 Posts: 23 Member
Does anyone have any tips or advice about this site?

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    best advice...USE IT!

I thought about it and I should probably be more specific. first, enter your food every day. You are not always going to be under your calorie goal, but if you make a commitment to yourself...to your health...to enter your food each day then chances are that you will not go overboard too often. It starts with accountability to yourself.

second, you may want to get some friends to join and "friend up" on the site. that way you add an accountability layer...to your friends. I have been doing this accountability layer by posting updates on Facebook for the last few months, and now do it here since I joined in July.

third, I like reading others' success stories in this community. it helps motivate me to continue on the right track.
  • LRA11
    Options
    OK. That's good advice ;)
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just joined last week and have lost 5 lbs! I have (and use) the app on my iPhone, iPad and of course computer. Don't cheat yourself - log the good and the bad, and the simple knowledge of what you're doing should help you reach your goals. This thing has changed my life!
  • LRA11
    Options
    Great idea. I don't have the app on my phone but I will put a reminder in daily to log onto the computer. I think that will help keep me motivated.
  • LRA11
    Options
    Also, congrats on the 5 lbs weight loss in one week!!! Amazing!
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    HMalin1 said it best -- USE IT!

I've tried so many different ways to lose weight, and this is hte only method that has actually helped me do just that. The folks are supportive and knowlegeable. The forums are a great way to learn new information. I'm so glad I found MFP, and you will be too I'm sure!

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck!

Karyn
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting as many friends as possible, the more friends, the more support.
    Good luck with the site, I'm sure you'll love it.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • LRA11
    Options
    Thank you all for the response. It's tough to finish what you start sometimes but looks like a great forum and you guys seem pretty awesome.
  • DKMEEHAN
    DKMEEHAN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site, too. I've previously had success with Weight Watchers, but I'm tired of paying for the site or meetings. At this point, I just need some motivation and accountability. I'm planning to record every morsel that goes into my mouth and begin an exercise plan. Not really sure how to use this site yet, but will learn along with others I guess.
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    Just read your way through, find yourself a couple of friends and have fun giving and receiving advice and support -- that's about it already! :-))))

WELCOME!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Come here for support