40lbs since June 2!

Options
As of this morning, I am down 40lbs since June 2, 2011. I am beyond excited. I would probably like to lose about 50-60 more. If I can lose 20 more by my birthday in October, I will be over the moon.

My doctor is like BEYOND excited. He said if it were a test, I would get an A+

I just added before and after pics to my profile if you want to take a look. It's nothing exciting, just the worst I ever been to this morning.

I want to thank everyone on MFP for the encouragement and support- it means a lot to have a place to vent and cheer each other on!

Replies

• corierose1212
    Options
    wowo great job and nice looking puppy too..
  • geoblue
    geoblue Posts: 19
    Options
    What a great job! You are doing something right, can you share your plan?
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing! How have you been able to lose all that weight so fast?

Keep up the good work!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic!!!! Whats your secret ;) Keep up the great work!!!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

Don't get discouraged if the weight doesn't come off as fast in the future weeks. Just gotta keep going on :D
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    congratulations! that's awesome!
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My secret is really that I decided I was sick to death of being miserable about the way I looked and felt all the time and I made some really drastic changes.

I had been laid off for over a year and I gained a lot of weight and was eating just ridiculous amounts of food, so I think it is coming off really fast bc I was SO terrible prior.

The first 15lbs came off super quick, and once I saw some success- I got really into it. It was about 2 weeks after I started limiting my food that I found MFP and that changed everything. It made me very aware of what I was eating and I felt like I could trust it to have almost anything in the database, so that left guess work out for me.

Once I realized that all of the other stuff was just noise that had distracted me my whole adult life with dieting- no-carbs diets, fad diets, crazy exercise regimens( the things that never worked), I was able to realize the basic science of weight loss- I had to take in less than I burned. Bottom line. I got the BMR from this site, set my daily calorie limit to 1,200 and went from there.

I eat about 1,000 calories a day (I know I should be eating 1,200- but I just eat when I am hungry and a lot of times I don't make it over 1,000) and very low fat, low carb. Most days I do a luna bar or special k bar in the morning, a lean cuisine for lunch, a lean pocket for dinner with the occassional skinny cow ice cream or candy when needed. I know it isn't the healthiest plan in the world, but I take a bunch of vitamins to make-up for the lack of veggies.

Once I getted adjusted to my work schedule and it isn't 15 million degrees outside every day, I will start working out again and obviously adjust my calories accordingly.

Also,I got an amazing job 3 weeks ago, so I think the added burning of calories from walking around the office helps.

I know that the weight loss will eventually slow and that's when I will need to get into more fresh veggies and less frozen, pre-packaged meals. But for right now, for me, this works and I really don't want for anything more. Which is a big deal bc I thought I would never be able to not eat fried foods or pastry.

That's really all I have to report. Thank you all for being the best cheering squad!
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to get the before and after in here:

The first pic is just ridiculous on so many levels, the second is from this morning!

6002042037_814b6e79d8_m.jpg
    beforeafter by tifanietiberio, on Flickr
  • danalyn918
    Options
    You have just given me the BOOST I needed to do this thing and do it right! Congrats and thank you!
  • srk143
    srk143 Posts: 27
    Options
    wow...well done......its a dream loss...keep up the good work..hope the rest falls of this easily :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!